Brutal Force Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brutal Force Wrestling

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Episode Five - Holiday Time!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Akragth
The Founding Father
Akragth

Wrestler Name(s) : Akragth

Episode Five - Holiday Time! Empty
PostSubject: Episode Five - Holiday Time!   Episode Five - Holiday Time! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2016 12:39 am

Even the clouds seemed distant from the airplane’s tiny, round window. Akragth used his shoulder to push his head away from the view. Beside him, Kasey was asleep, snuggled up against his arm - which he had long since lost the feeling in.

Ak picked up his plastic cup and drank what remained of his apple juice. A passing stewardess motioned at her cart, a silent question of whether he’d like a refill. Ak nodded and the two exchanged cups. Despite carefully moving, Kasey began to stir. She opened her eyes, though still seemed to be at least half asleep.

“Hey,” Ak said quietly. The young lady smiled and mumbled something incoherent. She squeezed his arm a little tighter - or at least he thought she did, the feeling still wasn’t quite there. Ak brushed her hair from her face, tucking it behind her ear.

“Mmmmhey,” her eyelids fluttered, finally opening at that gentle touch even though she still sounded out of it. “Oh. Did I fall asleep?”

He smiled warmly. “Just a little bit.” He placed his free hand on her chin and lifted her face toward himself. Ak leaned in with a quick kiss. “You’ve been missing the fun of looking at all these clouds. Plus, I’m pretty sure my arm is totally dead at this point.”

Kasey blushed, sitting up and stretching the kink out of her neck. “Sorry! I was so excited last night I barely slept so…guess I'm paying for it now. But quick! I don't wanna have to amputate it!” She giggled at the silly joke, “okay. That was super lame even for me.”

Ak retrieved his almost limp arm from around Kasey and rotated it, trying to regain some sensation. “Well, I can’t fault you for that.” He tapped his phone to turn the screen on and looked at the time. “Only a couple of hours before we’re there, though.” He placed his hand on her neck and gently massaged where he best guessed the obvious kink to be.

Sighing contentedly, she bowed her head. “Mmm… right there.” With her eyes closed and his fingers kneading against the knots, she felt like she could just melt into a puddle of goo right there on the seat and it was obvious in her body language as she relaxed completely. “Not really a fan of flying. I mean… usually. So many things that could go wrong. Like and the first time I was ever on a plane was like the anniversary of 9/11 and…that was really something else. Security was so nuts.”

“Yea...that’s the world we live in. Only the other day they had that plane go missing. But we can’t live in fear, you know?” He caressed her neck more, enjoying the sight of her melting at his touch. He would have to remember that she enjoyed the massage, for future reference. “And anyway, I wouldn’t fancy this trip on a boat, that’s for sure. At least this way it’s few hours there, and we get plenty of time to sightsee. What’s the first thing you want to do when we get there?”

Kasey considered it for a few seconds, bouncing a little in her seat as she mulled it over. “Okay, I have like a pretty huge list. I want to see the Tower Bridge and Big Ben and the palace and I want to see one of those guards who aren’t allowed to smile up close. And I want to try a beer in a real English pub and I want to eat fish and chips wrapped in newspaper because someone told me that’s how it’s done over here and I kinda want to go up in that huge observation eye thingy even though heights are kinda….whoa right now.” She only stopped talking to take a breath, looking up at him sheepishly. “And like probably forgetting some things. I wrote it down but it’s in my suitcase.”

“Alright, alright,” Ak chuckled. He unconsciously played with her hair as he spoke. “I get the picture. Well alright, we won’t get much done today. But tomorrow I want to take you out. So how about we’ll sort out some passes for the tube...that’s the subway as you Americans would say. It will take us to all of the major destinations. So maybe after breakfast we hit Tower Bridge, then Big Ben? Could go on the London Eye from there, it’s only across the river from Big Ben. Huge queues though. And hey, did you know it doesn’t stop - even for you to get on and off?” He did a overexaggerated shocked face. “Then maybe stop off for lunch - fish and chips, and yea they are wrapped in paper and then newspaper.” He thought for a moment. “And then maybe back to the hotel for a while? Pub in the evening?”

She nodded enthusiastically, clapping her hands in delight - it was so adorable to see her this overjoyed. “YES! I didn’t know it doesn’t stop. Is it… you have to promise to hold my hand on it in case I get scared, okay? And don’t laugh. That’s a big one.”

Ak put his hands up in front of him. One was positioned as if legs, the other like a platform. “See, it moves really slow, but never stops. So when it’s your time to get on you hop in as it goes past, like this.” He moved the one hand into the other as it moved by. “It sounds way scarier than it is, it’s going much slower than how it plays out in your mind. I promise.” He placed his arm back around her shoulder and continued on playing with her hair. “I won’t laugh though. I promise. I just want you to have a good time, you know?”

“See? This is why you’re the best, Ak.” She leaned back slightly, and cuddled up against her side as best as she could with the armrest in the way. “Seriously. You’re… this whole trip and when we went to Disney even though that totally wasn’t your thing and you’re so, so great and I don’t even know how to thank you properly for any of this.”

The grin which drove its way across Ak’s face was uncontrollable. “You’re too kind, sweetie.” He kissed her head, and some of her hair became trapped in his stubble. He moved to separate them under the guise of stroking her head. “I think it’s the least I can do though. I mean...I, well, I like you. A lot, you know?”

“I…” the words caught in her throat, the emotion that welled up written all over her face and she tried to hide it by pulling her feet up on the seat, wiggling her toes in their socks. “I… know. And I do too. I mean… so much.”

“I know.” He smiled and held her just that bit closer. “And that means more to me than you could imagine.” Ak moved to bring Kasey and himself face to face. He looked downward, lost in the allure of her eyes. “I’ve been enjoying our time together, you know? And I think about you a lot. I guess what I’m saying is that I…you know...” He breathed in sharply but didn’t finish what he was saying.

“I think about you too, Ak.” She nodded, clearly oblivious to what he was struggling to say. “And I mean, you know how I wanted to go slow with Landon? I… I don’t feel that with you. I never did. You make me want to jump without even looking. Is that goofy or what?”

“Maybe.” He shrugged. “But if it is then we’re both goofy.” He looked down, trying to hide his face a little as he spoke on. “I know that the whole situation with Landon was...unpleasant. But I’m glad you chose this, chose us.”

“Oh I knew I was going to choose you.” She nudged him, trying to get him to look up. “Anyone who can take my worst lamesauce insults without flinching is a keeper.”

“Call them insults? I can worse in my sleep!” Ak blew a raspberry and then grinned. “But seriously, I’m happy that you wanted this.”

“Wanted this like… you… like us?” She frowned, “honestly. How could I not? You’re…

“You know what I mean.” With a cheeky smirk he ruffled her hair a little to lighten the mood. “All I’m saying is that you’ve made me happy, ok?”

“I like you happy.”

Ak’s smile widened. “I like you happy too. I like you full stop.”

“I like the way you smile when we’re together.” Her voice came out soft as she lifted a hand up to touch his cheek. “I watched all the tape I could find on you. After that first time we talked on Twitter. Everything I could dig up online and I never saw you… I mean, sure. You smiled. Like when you’re about to really go to town on someone, you get that look. And there’s a smile but it’s not the same. Can tell you enjoy what you do out there, but when you smile at me… it’s in your eyes.”

“I...you bring out, I dunno...it’s different with you. It’s like you draw the best version of me out. I feel more complete with you.” He moved to touch the back of her hand. “And, well, I like that.”

“Feeling complete is a good thing,” Kasey murmured, nodding slowly. “Believe me. Pretty much give anything for that. And now that I’ve got it? Ohhhhh man… I’d go down fighting my hardest to never let go.”

“That’s what it’s about though...isn’t it? Finding something you just can’t let go of, I mean?” He placed a hand on her cheek. “That’s who you are to me now.”

“Well… good.” She laughed softly, “glad that’s mutual.”

The next day began with an excellent, all English breakfast in the hotel restaurant. Heading out, Ak and Kasey soon sorted out their Oyster cards and were on their way to the sights of London. Their pair exited from London Bridge station and headed out onto London Bridge itself. From there they could see Tower Bridge in its full glory, with the HMS Belfast sat on the Thames between them.

“There it is: Tower Bridge.” Ak pointed outward, as if Kasey could even miss the impressive structure sat a little further down the river from them.

“It’s so BIG!” She exclaimed, barely able to contain her excitement or the huge grin on her face. “And I guess I never realised there were two bridges. I thought it was just the tower and… well… I guess that song doesn’t make much sense from when we were kids, does it?” Turning towards him, she rested her hand on his arm and stretched up on her tiptoes, kissing his cheek. “Are there any special traditions here? Like that one in Paris where you’re supposed to put your initials on a lock and like leave it there? Because you know…” she blushed, almost stammering, “you know… like tradition things are cool and stuff.”

Ak smiled to her, unable to contain himself when she is just so damn adorable. “I’m afraid no. Well, that I know of, but I’m not exactly from around here.” He leaned against the stone of the bridge’s structure. Behind them traffic and commuters whizzed by without ever paying any notice to the pair. “It’s funny, most people think that London Bridge and Tower Bridge are the same thing, but yea...they’re not.” He gently bopped shoulders with her. “Look at you, you’re learning already.”

He pointed outward. “That big beastie is the HMS Belfast. You can actually get and look around her.” He turned and pointed at the tallest building in skyline, a huge triangular building. “And they call that thing The Shard. Last time I was here, they hadn’t even finished it. Not as big as some of the things in your cities, but it’s impressive looking if nothing else.”

“The Shard,” Kasey nodded, “sounds like something out of the Dark Tower books. It’s kinda… I dunno… ugly? I like the old buildings. Ones with history. Ones that have stories to tell. The beat up ones with scars and…” she ran her hand over the stone in front of them and the next words made it very apparent she wasn’t talking about landmarks, “I guess I just find myself drawn to ones who’ve actually lived.”

“Yea...but one day it will have its stories to tell. Still, if history is your thing then we’re in the right place. How about a closer look at Tower Bridge? We can walk it from here.” He held out his hand. “C’mon.”

She took it willingly, grinning up at him. “I wanna see everything. I mean, until you get bored and want to do something less lame and touristy. This is just so… it’s so awesome to see in person! I mean, it’s not like watching a movie or looking at it online. It’s like… right there!”

“It’s a cool city. I’m glad you’re enjoying yourself!” Hand in hand the pair walked around, along the waterfront, and to Tower Bridge itself. They slowly walked along the famous structure, taking in the view both of the bridge itself and of its surroundings. Halfway along Ak stopped and rested against the bridge’s outer wall. He turned to face Kasey. “I’m really glad you’re here.”

“I’m glad I am too. And that it’s you. I mean, I could be here with anyone… or alone or whatever… but instead it’s… you know, more special because - wait, is it ‘more special’? Specialer?” She shook her head, derailing her own train of thought.

Ak rested his elbow against the bridge and slowly placed his forehead into his open palm. He was grinning like an idiot. Her ditziness was one of her charms, even if she was genuinely confused over the simplest of things sometimes. “No, hun, specialer isn’t a word.” He shook his head. “You’re so silly sometimes.”

Kasey giggled, “you get me all flustered sometimes. That’s all. And… words just fall out of my mouth.” She paused, taking a deep breath, suddenly serious, “I have like the weirdest luck with relationships. And… I guess… I want you to know that I won’t be mad at you if things don’t work out in the end. Okay?”

“Where did that come from?” He shook his head a few times. “Seriously, this, you, it’s great. You’re great. So I don’t want any of this ‘if it doesn’t work out’ crap, you know?” Ak turned away, looking back out onto the river in an attempt to hide his frustration. “I mean, if it doesn’t work then it doesn’t work.” He looked back toward Kasey. “But I think it will.”

“Sorry,” she shook her head, “didn’t mean it like that. I was just trying to…” she forced a smile, reaching out to touch his arm. “You’re right. It will.”

“I agree. And...Kasey, I have something I need to tell you,” Ak said.

Those words were so ominous that she bit her lip, nodding even as she visibly braced herself as though she was about to throw down with him like that first time at the gym. “Oh…..kay.”

Akragth leaned in and embraced her. With her pulled tightly he whispered into her ear. “I...”

She let out the breath she was holding, grabbing hold of the arm of his jacket because her knees felt weak. “Ak… are you..?”

Ak smiled, unseen beside her. He could have sworn that he could feel her heart beating faster, her breathing hasten, her body almost weaken. “Maybe. Kinda feels like I should, doesn’t it?” He inhaled deeply. “I’ve been thinking about this for a while, about you. And honestly, it’s fun to tease you, but I think that it’s time to just say it now: Kasey...I love you.”

Her breath caught on a soft gasp, eyes closing against the sudden prickle of tears that she felt for a split second before she took a step back, desperately needing to see what was on his face. “Oh my God,” she whispered, “I love you too. So much.”

With a huge grin Ak leaned in and kissed Kasey. There they were, just a guy and a girl who liked each other very much, each making the other happy and both enjoying their time in the capital. It sounded simple, but their road hadn’t been quite that. Still, it was worth it - right? “I’m glad you do, or this would all be very awkward,” Ak said, looking to lighten things again.

“Oh man. So awkward.” Her smile was bright, dazzling. “Well, I’m definitely going to remember this moment forever… historical landmark. Making history. And this super awesome, incredibly handsome guy just said the three most awesome words in the universe.” She kept the words light, teasing, “didn’t even have to blackmail you with the pictures I have on my phone of you sleeping.”  

Akragth looked around at the scenery. “Well, I thought it was a fitting place to first say the special words.” He chuckled and tickled her at the hip. “But what’s this about photos?”

She squirmed away with a giggle, swatting at his hand, “oh. I… I took some pictures. Those first couple nights… I uhm… I couldn’t sleep and you looked so peaceful so…”

“Wow, I feel so violated.” He stuck his tongue out and pulled her back in closer, placing around arms around her shoulders. “But, you know, we should take pictures of ourselves today, and where we go. I want to remember this day.”

“We should. Absolutely!” She was already reaching into her pocket for her cell phone, nodding enthusiastically. “Selfies all over the place!”

Ak moved his head in beside Kasey’s and smiled. Kasey aimed, making sure to keep a bit of the water in frame with them as she snapped one off.
Back to top Go down

Episode Five - Holiday Time!
Page 1 of 1