Brutal Force Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brutal Force Wrestling

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Episode Four - The Morning After...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Akragth
The Founding Father
Akragth

Wrestler Name(s) : Akragth

Episode Four - The Morning After... Empty
PostSubject: Episode Four - The Morning After...   Episode Four - The Morning After... Icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2016 5:58 pm

This piece was written with Kasey (Jackson on here).

Episode Four
--April 16th, Boston--

Episode Four - The Morning After... WidePosterAkragth_zps6rovpzol

The day after Brutality 09 saw Ak awaken to the sound of clanging and crashing. He sat upright and rubbed his hand through his hair. What a night he’d had. Victory at the show, defeating his old foe Tokyo Zombie in the process, seemed to fall by the wayside in comparison to what came after - another meal and then a walk through Boston Commons with a certain someone.

Turns out she’d booked herself out of her hotel room that morning, too. Risky and bold, he admired her for that - even if it was because she’d had ulterior motives. And so it was that she had stopped over at his high rise apartment, peacefully overlooking the city, a million miles away from the hustle and bustle of daily life.

Akragth sat and pondered for a moment. Life had changed so much in the past month, and not just his worklife. The only question now was...where was life going to take him next?

Ak got out of bed and pulled some pants on. Out in the kitchen, Kasey was puttering around, looking in cupboards and drawers. Ak leaned against the doorframe and smiled. She looked flustered, if anything.

Ak looked her up and down. She was wearing his too-big shirt, and not a lot else besides, but it seemed to oddly suit her. Her hair was bedraggled, a bad case of bed hair, and yet she was no less attractive for it. If anything, quite the opposite was true.

The door frame creaked and Kasey jumped when she noticed him there.

“Morning,” Ak said.

Kasey turned around, unable to keep the smile off her face. “Sorry, did I wake you? I was just looking for your frying pan…” Stepping forward, Ak brushed by her, opening what looked like a pantry door behind her, which revealed a number of pans hanging from hooks. “Wait, that’s a cupboard? Well now I feel like a complete dope.”

Ak pulled the frying pan from its hook. He turned and for a moment he stood face to face with her, but then took a step and placed the pan on the stovetop. “What are you making, anyway?”

“Well,” Kasey bit her lip, looking sheepish, “I was gonna surprise you with bacon and eggs. I thought maybe… well, either way, you’re up now.”

“Sounds good.” Ak moved and sat on his breakfast bar stool. He poured out a glass of water for himself. “So you...you to fly back today, right?”

She cut a little bit off the stick of butter she’d found in the fridge, dropping it into the pan before adding the bacon strips, “unfortunately, yeah. I have to. This week’s focus is stuff I actually need to work on - stuff you can’t really… I mean…” once the bacon was sizzling, she turned toward him, running her hands through her disheveled hair in an attempt to make it less crazy. “I was going to just blow it off before because it’s aerial, technical stuff. But I’m never gonna be really ready to get back out there in a real company if I can’t get past that fear, right?”

He slowly nodded. “We all have to face our fears, right?” He gulped a mouthful of his water down. “But that makes us stronger. Sometimes it’s good to get out of our comfort zones.” He shrugged. “I mean, it’s not like I normally take a walk in a park or sing karaoke...so there’s that.”

Kasey shook her head, laughing as she flipped the pieces of bacon before turning down the heat. Setting the spatula down, she walked over to where he sat, resting her hand on his arm. “Well, I’m kinda glad you did. I mean, I don’t usually go home with guys like this either… so…” she rested her head against his shoulder, “it’s nice, I guess.”

Ak placed his hand on the back of her head, messy hair or not. “You only guess?” She pulled her head back and he smiled at her.

“I didn’t mean it like that.” She said quickly, hoping he wasn’t going to get angry with her for that hesitation. “I just meant it’s just nice to have a bit of the pressure off. Kinda… knowing where I stand with you? I mean, just ‘cause I know all the steps, doesn’t mean the whole dance is all that appealing most of the time.”

“I know what you were trying to say.” He kissed her forehead. “You know, you’re so cute when you get flustered.” He chuckled a little before continuing on. “But yea, I know what you mean. And I feel...well, I feel comfortable with you. It’s like you just, I guess, ‘get’ me.”

She nodded, “exactly! I mean, to everyone else, you’re this big, scary, gruff guy and… I don’t see that. I know what’s going on inside your head… let them think you’re a tiger. I know you’re fluffier and cuddlier than that.” She winked at him before turning back towards the bacon on the stove.  

“There is a rage within me, but…” He paused. “...well, it’s not without direction. Rage without a focus is just pointless anger. For me it’s just that some people, OK most people, piss me off. But you’re not one and honestly. You don’t make me feel angry...you make me...I guess happy? Honestly, I don’t know why. What I do know is that I’m glad for it.”

“Is crispy bacon okay?” She glanced over her shoulder, laughing when he nodded, “oh good. Nothing grosser than limp, greasy, floppy meat.” She completely no-sold that double entendre, but he chuckled nevertheless. Flipping the pieces again, she walked over to his sink and pulled some paper towels off the rack, separating them before laying them out on a plate she already had out on the counter. “I’m so used to walking on eggshells, I guess. My career so far… it’s been more about being what I thought other people wanted me to be than just really being myself. So I guess if I’m not pissing you off now… that’s a bonus. I wasn’t really trying to impress or uhm hook you or anything like that. All this,” she turned to look at him again, gesturing vaguely at the room around them, “all this has kinda just been icing on the cake. I talked to you because you reminded me of someone I used to know. I watched your matches because I was curious.”  

“I don’t care what other people think about me.” He shrugged and smirked. “Well, not normally. You shouldn’t either. There are people out there who will want to judge you, no matter what you do. People out there will want to judge...us. But it doesn’t matter what these people think. What matters is being yourself. You’re strong, tough, bold...you have the skills and the mindset, so stop worrying about how people perceive you.” He stood and moved up behind her, placing his arms around her waist. “And, you know, it doesn’t matter how or why you started talking to me - only that you did. Look at where it got us. That’s what matters.”

She leaned back against him with a sigh, tilting her head so she could look up at him. “I don’t care what they think. Not anymore. None of them gave two shits when I was down and out for almost a year - care what you think. The rest of ‘em can rot in hell for all I care.” She paused for a second, looking sadder, “last night was something else… God, I wish I didn’t have to go.”

“Yea, me too.” He deeply inhaled before going on. He’s fought a man without fear, he’s faced down groups of thugs, fought in hellacious cages, all without the slightest trepidation. But this? Damn, it filled him with, what, dread? Was it a fear of rejection? Maybe, but she hadn’t rejected him yet. Maybe a fear of the unknown, then. What if she agrees, what then? Well, only one way to know for sure... “But here’s the thing, I can train anywhere, right? I mean sure, I prefer the place I usually head to, but I don’t have to go there.” She turned around, curious. “So…what I’m saying is...why don’t I come with you? I mean, we just got started and...well, I’m not always the most patient guy.” He cracked a nervous looking smile. “I-if you want that, I mean.” He started to run his hands together and began to mumble. “It’s ok if you don’t…we can just meet again when you’re free...I just don’t think it’s fair you keep trav--oh my god you’ve got me doing that now.” He shook his head at himself. Her little quirks were rubbing off on him already.

She stared at him, eyes wide, bacon forgotten for the moment as she studied his face. “You’d want to do that? I mean… come to Vegas and… like… but what about this awesome place? Wouldn’t you miss it?”

He smiled. “Planes fly both ways, you know. I have over a week until my next in-ring appearance, so I’m not needed here at the minute. And anyway, it gives me a change of scenery and a chance to get to know you even better..I don’t see the downside.”

“There… well… there’s one thing I should tell you. I mean, if you’re gonna come back with me.” Now it was her turn to look fearful, “I mean, besides the obvious that I haven’t really had a chance to tell Landon about… y’know, all this stuff. Promise you won’t...laugh?”

Ak’s nose shrivelling and contorted a little at the mere mention of Landon - the boy who had held her attention before. How he had ever gotten her interested was a mystery to him...even after she had somewhat explained it. “I...OK?” He smiled, trying to hide his blatant disdain for his ‘rival’. “I promise.”

“I don’t really have a place I’m staying at in Vegas right now. I mean, I just kinda… I have a room they gave me at The Luxor and I mean…” she trailed off, turning around as her nose wrinkled, the smell of burning filling the kitchen before she snatched the pan off the burner. “Shit! Oh...goddamnit. It might be a little too crispy,” she muttered, starting to scoop the pieces out of the pan and laying them on the paper towels on the plate. “Okay, maybe it’s not so bad.” Setting that aside before she managed to start a fire, she turned back towards Ak. “I just don’t want you to think I’m some freeloading loser. It’s just… well I didn’t know if the thing with FLW was going to be permanent so I didn’t really look for anything long-term.”

“Oh…” He paused and just looked at her. The nervousness on her face was undeniable. He stood and moved to the pantry, taking the whole grain bread from within. “I just sort of assumed…” He moved over to the toaster. “I sorta only have one question then. Well, no, two actually. First, do you want toast with the bacon?”

She nodded, “toast is fine,” she replied after taking a look at the bread he held in his hands. Thank goodness it wasn’t any of that disgusting bleached white bread. “A-and… what’s the second?”

Ak smiled and dropped the two slices into his toaster. He slid the lever down and it clicked. He turned back toward Kasey and pulled her closer by her hips. He leaned in, placing his chin on her shoulder, and whispered: “My second question is...does your hotel have a bed?”

Her eyes widened and she couldn’t stop the giggle that passed her lips even as she playfully swatted at his shoulder. “Of course! It’s got a bed. And a couch. And a jacuzzi tub too… God, I thought you were gonna ask something… the bed’s really big, too.”

He smirked and tried to stifle his own laugh. “I asked what I needed to know!” He brushed his hand through her hair and kissed her forehead again. “I don’t care that you live in a hotel. Don’t worry about that sort of thing.”

“Okay,” that single word came out as a soft whisper, her hands coming up to rest against his bare chest. “Then… I won’t worry… about that. The six thousand other things are still there, but… you don’t care where I live as long as there’s a bed. Okay.” She said it again, nodding even as she met his gaze - she could definitely get lost in those eyes all day. For an agonizing second she hesitated and then stretched up on her tiptoes, planting a firm kiss on his lips.

He froze as she pulled away, and then the uncontrollable urge to grin like an idiot overpowered him. He leaned in for a second kiss, then held her close. “It’s not about the bed…” He kissed her neck. “The only thing I care about is you being there. I’m coming with you to be with you, not to judge where you live.” He pulled away from her neck. “And anyway, there are worse ways to live.”

“Oh believe me, I know.” She didn’t bother to elaborate on that, “I guess I just wasn’t keen on putting down any roots in a place until I was sure. The last time I did was…” she made a face, “yeah, let’s not talk about that. I don’t like Chicago anymore. Or Miami. We’ll just leave it at that because I’m sure you don’t want me to rattle off some laundry list of all the crazy shit.” Kasey slid one hand up to the back of his neck, fingers running through his hair. “Promise me you’re not gonna tell anyone I spent the night here last night… I mean… I’ll probably never hear the end of it.”   

“Oh, you ashamed?” He stepped away as the toast made itself known with a pop. “Your history is yours. You can tell me whatever, whenever, or nothing at all.” He dropped the toast onto a plate, shaking his fingers because of the heat. “I’m not really concerned about where you came from, that’s your business really. I do care about where you’re going, though.” He felt a slight burning sensation in his cheeks. “Hopefully where...we’re going. Or, at least, I think I’d like it to be us.”

“Us?” She echoed that, almost sounding surprised to find that she wasn’t completely freaking out at the prospect. Instead a goofy grin was there on her lips as she turned back towards the stove. “Yea… I’d really like that - have you ever had a fried egg sandwich? My uncle Billy used to make them for me when I was a kid and I thought maybe since you’re doing toast...”  

“Yea, I love fried egg sandwiches.” He passed the plate with the toast over to her. The smell had awoken his appetite, and the bacon was just as crispy as he would have made it for himself. “And yea, us.” He opened his fridge and took out the milk. “This is new for both of us, and you know I don’t want to rush into anything or whatever, but...” He paused just before opening the carton. “...well, I kinda like the sound of us. Even if we just pencil it in, for now. That is, as long as you’re ok with that?”

Kasey nodded, biting her lip as she cracked the last egg into the pan. “Rather the prospect of a future than just a one night stand. I mean not that this was headed there or anything but… you know.” Turning her head to look at him, she couldn't help but smile. “Pencil it in… I'm good with that, Ak. Maybe more than good and I just really - you're so amazing, you know that?”

He opened the carton sniffed at the milk within. “I suppose it would be a poor way to start the day if we argued over that?” He poured the milk into a glass. “So I won’t. But it’s you who is amazing. You got through where others have failed. I don’t know why...but you did.” He raised the milk carton toward her. “What are you drinking, by the way?”

“Do you have any juice? I don't really like milk unless it's in cereal.” She flipped the eggs, surprisingly only breaking one of the yolks in the process of trying to make them over easy. “Maybe your walls aren't impenetrable. Or hey maybe that's my superpower! Disarming the fiercest Akragth. I could totes put that on my resume…”

He scowled at her. “Everyone has their weakness.” The scowl faded back to a grin. “And apparently mine is...a bold, kind, funny, 5’3” tall redhead from Arizona.” He shook his head and moved to the fridge. He turned back to her, holding a carton of orange and a carton of apple juice. “Either of these any good?”

“Apple is best, thanks!” She started putting the egg sandwiches together, humming softly to herself as she did it. Grinning, she turned and presented him with a plate, “tada!”

Ak poured Kasey a glass of the apple, before placing the carton back into the fridge. “Would you like any sauce for your sandwich?”

“Nope.” She filled a plate for herself and joined him at the breakfast counter. “I'm pretty simple with what I like.”

“Nothing wrong with keeping things simple.” He closed the fridge and sat beside her, placing the glass beside her plate. “This smells ready good. Won’t lie, I was a little afraid that you might burn the place down…” He nudged his shoulder into hers. “But I guess you did an ok job.” He lifted the sandwich and bit down. The egg was silky smooth, cooked just how he liked it. He swallowed and licked across his top lip. “Hmm, well, maybe a little better than ok.”

She bit into her own sandwich, chewing thoughtfully before swallowing. “Well a little better than ok is high praise from you so I'll take it.” Setting it back on the plate, she watched him for a few seconds, a goofy smile on her lips. “You know the honest truth? Never done this before so I'm just not really sure what comes next.”

“Whaaat, you’ve never eaten breakfast before?” He let his jaw hang for a moment before grinning. Well, he thought it was funny, at least. He shrugged. “Well, what do you want to come next?”

She giggled, clapping a hand over her mouth because she had a mouthful of juice. “Oh geez. I dunno. Maybe a shower? Maybe just chill out and admire this view.” She grinned, hoping he'd get the double meaning there. “Sorry I stole your shirt.”

His chewing slowed and he stopped, putting the sandwich down. He looked over to her. “It looks good on you.” He pulled her closer by his shirt’s arm. “But...it might look better off, though.” Now he was the one grinning.

“If I didn’t know better, I’d say you’re trying to seduce me.” She feigned outrage for a second, barely able to hold the expression before it dissolved in laughter, “well, if you’re gonna go back to Vegas with me… we should probably look at getting you a ticket before…….other fun stuff?”

He moved in, as if to kiss her, but then stood up with a smirk instead. Two can play the teasing game. “Yea, I guess…” He walked over to his laptop and fired the machine up, returning with it in hand and sitting back beside her. “What time was your plane?”

“Check in was for four. I know there was another flight when I booked it… it just wasn’t a direct one and I really hate changing planes. But if we have to, I can change my flight if there’s… you know… you probably wanna fly together.” She finished off the last piece of bacon on her plate before reaching over and cheekily stealing one from his.

“Well,’’ he stopped, noticing her blatant theft. Good job he didn’t mind. He clicked the laptop’s touchpad a few times, then furiously typed for a few seconds. “Well, it’s a bit last minute, so I’ll take whatever I can get. Maybe we’ll get lucky.” His eyes scrolled up and down the screen. “Hmm, this is your flight, I think. There are a few seats left in premium economy.”

“Oh… that’s… way better than the seat I have. I’m just like… the cheap seats. You sure you’d wanna spend that much on a ticket?” She leaned over, peering at the screen, “maybe I can just pay the upcharge and change my flight to another time?”

In truth, he hadn’t even looked at the price. BFW might not be the biggest company yet, and the pay might not have been the best he’d ever had, but he still had more than enough funds left over from his days of owning The Freak Institution way back in the day to live comfortably. It’s not like he usually splashed the cash, anyway. “Well, I could just pay to upgrade you to the same class as me.” He started typing again. Two tickets, Boston to Vegas, premium economy. The screen flicked a small loading bar before displaying their options. “Yea, look. Same flight, better seats.”

Kasey nodded, “okay, you do that. But I mean, you don’t have to pay for it. I’m not broke or anything. I mean, I don’t… I can pay you back when we get to the airport. I just have to hit up and ATM.” She was rambling and she knew it by the look of shame on her face as she fell silent, ducking her head. “Sorry.”

“It’s not about the money.” He smiled. “Way I see it, you’ve paid to come and see me a bunch of times, so I owe you for that. This is the least I can do...plus, I want to.” He made a few mouse clicks then tapped on the keyboard a few times before turning toward her. “There, booked.”

Smirking, she looked at the laptop for a few seconds and then gently closed the cover on it. “Well, looks like we’ve got several hours to kill then, don’t we?”

Ak looked up at the clock above the kitchen counter and nodded. “Yea...looks like. Why?”

“Oh, I dunno… reasons and stuff?” She took his hand, grinning as she tugged on it gently, “if you’re good, maybe I’ll let you have your shirt back.”

“Hmmm, well...” Ak rested his hand on his chin and tapped a finger against his mouth as if deeply pondering. He grinned, again. Had he stopped smiling all morning? Probably not, but why should he? “...if you insist!” 
Back to top Go down

Episode Four - The Morning After...
Page 1 of 1