Brutal Force Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brutal Force Wrestling

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Brutality 7 Feedback

Go down 
+12
Akragth
AdamWolfe
Cartwright
Sinister Minister
Jack Colter
Fuck You I'm The Champ
Tommy Stone
Aelyra
Eight69
Loh
Rey
Carl Tannehill
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Carl Tannehill
Top Cock
Carl Tannehill

Brutality 7 Feedback Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brutality 7 Feedback   Brutality 7 Feedback Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2016 4:53 am

[Post deleted due to flame/trolling. You're not in a position to judge other people's input, and we do not appreciate you using the forum to run other members down - Ak]
Back to top Go down
AdamWolfe
Resident Puppet Master
AdamWolfe

PostSubject: Re: Brutality 7 Feedback   Brutality 7 Feedback Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2016 7:27 am

You realise that you were told the matches would be like that, right?
/
Back to top Go down
Loh

Loh

Wrestler Name(s) : Loh Elenas | Scott Truman

PostSubject: Re: Brutality 7 Feedback   Brutality 7 Feedback Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2016 8:31 am

IMO the two people involved in the match should be writing it, as they know their character's moveset better than anyone.
Back to top Go down
Eight69
Zack's #1 stalker
Eight69

Wrestler Name(s) : Mikael w/ Supremacy | Benny Stevens

PostSubject: Re: Brutality 7 Feedback   Brutality 7 Feedback Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2016 8:37 am

Although it doesn't really take too long to check the opponent's moveset.

I mean, I wrote Loh vs Mikael. Wrote both outcomes so the staff picked one of them. As one can notice, I've made sure to mention some of each wrestler's strengths and weaknesses.
Back to top Go down
Aelyra

Aelyra

Wrestler Name(s) : Aelyra Blight

PostSubject: Re: Brutality 7 Feedback   Brutality 7 Feedback Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2016 8:51 am

I was happy with the show. I'll be the first to admit that I don't read every match in all of its entirety so this new style of match writing suits me.

Admittedly, when I first saw the new style I was disappointed that it wasn't full length but then I thought to myself if it were any longer I probably wouldn't have read it anyway! So I think it works but I must admit I like the length/depth more of the likes of Jack and Kveldulv's match - it's more for what I'd personally want to see. Matches like Loh vs Mikael I did expect to be longer.

But anyway, I'd love to see the longer overview talking about a section of the match and how it played out along with overall commentary on how the match went and maybe a snippet of the background of the character like some of the matches had (e.g. 'Last show Wrestler A limped out of the ring with an injury...' etc. or 'Wrestler B has been on a winning streak for 6 weeks now') just to create a little extra context especially if there were things leading up to that particular match. This might make everyone happier if they had a bit more substance but not full length. They're my thoughts anyway Smile
Back to top Go down
Eight69
Zack's #1 stalker
Eight69

PostSubject: Re: Brutality 7 Feedback   Brutality 7 Feedback Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2016 9:39 am

Hmmm yeah I agree with Yogi when it comes to match length. Therefore, kinda agree with Rey as well.

I mean, I already read all RPs before the show, here on forum. I mean, not all anymore, just the ones that usually entertain me. Anyway, the tiny matches such as Mikael vs Loh doesn't really make me wanna check the show. Because like Rey said, I can just read all RPs on forum.

Plus, I feel like with matches like those ones, commentators are mostly useless. They will only comment during a few RPs and opening of the show. Apart from PPV matches, ofc.

So maybe (just maybe), the matches could look like Tokyo vs Anthony & Kveldulv vs Jack. Those were the ones that stood out imo. Also, agree with Yogi's thoughts regarding extra context... I saw such thing on Benny vs Viaan, but I believe that has to be said by the commentators.

Touché to whoever wrote the aftermath of Benny's match, the #TeamScarlett thing. Storyline progression lol.
Back to top Go down
Tommy Stone
Anime Was A Mistake
Tommy Stone

PostSubject: Re: Brutality 7 Feedback   Brutality 7 Feedback Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2016 9:48 am

Me, Serena, Jack, Carty, and Akragth got burnt out, you want full matches, write them yourselves or suggest something that wont kill us.
Back to top Go down
AdamWolfe
Resident Puppet Master
AdamWolfe

PostSubject: Re: Brutality 7 Feedback   Brutality 7 Feedback Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2016 9:50 am

Tommy Stone wrote:
you want full matches, write them yourselves

I was just thinking about that
Back to top Go down
Akragth
The Founding Father
Akragth

Wrestler Name(s) : Akragth

PostSubject: Re: Brutality 7 Feedback   Brutality 7 Feedback Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2016 10:16 am

Prior to this show, 66 matches had been written for our shows. Of those, I wrote 25, Jack wrote 13, Tommy did seven, Carty and Serena did five. The writing team also lost one guy and had another who hadn't written anything for a month. So it was the same couple of people writing matches for each show, the same few who ever stepped up.

We asked for volunteers, and very few people came forward. Fewer still were consistent. We in the management, i.e., the people who actually wrote the majority of the damn things - the people who put hours of time into the shows - agreed to keep the matches far shorter in order to reduce our workloads because, ultimately, (like it or not) the match itself is inconsequential comparative to the result in a regular match. Further, we already know that few people even read them, so it was a lot of effort put in for not a lot of benefit. Not something worth burning out over, so it is what it is.

Could they be better? Yes, of course they could. It was our first time doing it for Brutality, and who gets anything perfect on their first try? Will we be reverting back to writing full length matches every fortnight? No, we will not.

Quite honestly, I feel that the people who never stepped up have zero room to complain. If you couldn't be bothered to write your matches when we asked for volunteers, then why on Earth you do expect that somebody else should?

It's not like this randomly happened without any warning, either, it was announced a fortnight ago! We stated that people could write their own matches for their show. Anthony did. Jack did. 869 did. If you want a longer match, then by all means write it yourself.

One point that I do agree on is commentators being virtually redundant. We'll have to figure out something to make them more useful.

Yogi wrote:
But anyway, I'd love to see the longer overview talking about a section of the match and how it played out along with overall commentary on how the match went and maybe a snippet of the background of the character like some of the matches had (e.g. 'Last show Wrestler A limped out of the ring with an injury...' etc. or 'Wrestler B has been on a winning streak for 6 weeks now') just to create a little extra context especially if there were things leading up to that particular match. This might make everyone happier if they had a bit more substance but not full length. They're my thoughts anyway Smile

I agree with this, too, though I feel it really needs to come from the competitors themselves - they know their current records, mental status, feuds, whatever else better than a third party does.
Back to top Go down
Fuck You I'm The Champ
Amis Fucking Shelton
Fuck You I'm The Champ

Wrestler Name(s) : Amis Shelton

PostSubject: Re: Brutality 7 Feedback   Brutality 7 Feedback Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2016 11:02 am

Show was decent overall. Didn't see the point in having Anthony vs Tokyo a title match. it didn't make sense to me, especially when I have the title as a hostage, but other than that pretty much standard stuff.

As for match writing, Im never gonna be one to volunteer and if I would, it would be like one big match for a PPV like once a year. TWG sucked all the helpfulness out of me.

Last edited by Fuck You I'm Amis Shelton on Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AdamWolfe
Resident Puppet Master
AdamWolfe

PostSubject: Re: Brutality 7 Feedback   Brutality 7 Feedback Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2016 11:05 am

Have you seen RoC's matches? Basically, everything that happens is just described by the commentators. Would make them useful if you like that kind of look
Back to top Go down
Akragth
The Founding Father
Akragth

PostSubject: Re: Brutality 7 Feedback   Brutality 7 Feedback Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2016 11:06 am

AdamWolfe wrote:
Have you seen RoC's matches? Basically, everything that happens is just described by the commentators. Would make them useful if you like that kind of look

I have. I'm 50/50 on that look.

The main issue was we were putting too much time/effort into these long matches that most people skipped past anyway. That being on top of the time already spent on our own RPs and, in my case, spent assembling the show, creating the art and controlling the social media - all aspects which people either can't or don't help with.

All in all, the matches need to be shorter, or we're just going to burn out.

Last edited by Akragth on Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:19 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Eight69
Zack's #1 stalker
Eight69

PostSubject: Re: Brutality 7 Feedback   Brutality 7 Feedback Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2016 11:09 am

Ah yeah, good point there, Wolfe.

I really like RoC's matches because of that. I always read them all, even when a Plank is fighting a real person lol. The commentators are 100% useful as they are the ones dictating the matches. I do think that long matches should be saved for PPV, but a short~medium sided ones could be written using RoC's style, I guess.
Back to top Go down
Eight69
Zack's #1 stalker
Eight69

PostSubject: Re: Brutality 7 Feedback   Brutality 7 Feedback Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2016 11:33 am

Akragth wrote:
Could they be better? Yes, of course they could. It was our first time doing it for Brutality, and who gets anything perfect on their first try? Will we be reverting back to writing full length matches every fortnight? No, we will not.

Oh well, I agree.

Even underlined to highlight the most important point there. Gotta be careful to don't pull the trigger too fast. I mean, it's been only 1 show. Just like the Angle thing... Still think switching to RP fed just like that outta nowhere is a bad idea but it's not the subject here. Point is, gotta give them a chance to improve the summarized matches, I guess.
Back to top Go down
Akragth
The Founding Father
Akragth

PostSubject: Re: Brutality 7 Feedback   Brutality 7 Feedback Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2016 12:42 pm

Just to clarify, we didn't switch to RP fed. We went back to what we began with, because ultimately it's what suited the roster we already have best. To use these terms, we're a RP/angle hybrid. So yea.

And yea, this is the first time we used these. We're happy to take constructive criticisms and work to improve what we put out.
Back to top Go down
Carl Tannehill
Top Cock
Carl Tannehill

PostSubject: Re: Brutality 7 Feedback   Brutality 7 Feedback Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2016 12:51 pm

My comments are disappearing for some reason?
Back to top Go down
Jack Colter
Peacemaker
Jack Colter

PostSubject: Re: Brutality 7 Feedback   Brutality 7 Feedback Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2016 12:57 pm

Carl Tannehill wrote:

Perhaps they weren't feedback to Brutality 07? Smile

Let's be constructive here, thanks.
Back to top Go down
Aelyra

Aelyra

Wrestler Name(s) : Aelyra Blight

PostSubject: Re: Brutality 7 Feedback   Brutality 7 Feedback Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2016 1:14 pm

Just to be clear I never actually said that I disliked what was done here nor was I asking for full length matches. I just offered my opinion that the slightly more in depth summaries were better. I would never ask anyone to go back to full length. I know I can't write matches. I wrote one and struggled with it! So I wouldn't ask anyone to do anything more than I would be willing to do.

As I said, I liked the way that Jack/Kveldulv's match went down. Not to say I didn't like the others, I just liked it more. If it takes me to send a few lines about what's been happening in Aelyra's story to help beef it up I could do that. I just personally don't feel confident in writing the moveset part.

I appreciate everyone's input!
Back to top Go down
Akragth
The Founding Father
Akragth

PostSubject: Re: Brutality 7 Feedback   Brutality 7 Feedback Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2016 5:13 pm

I'm more than happy for people to write matches. I would genuinely prefer that matches are written as cooperative, back and forth posts between the competitors...but I also know that that's not really a realistic goal.

But yea, if people want to write their matches, they most certainly can. If they want to write pre/post match commentary, they most certainly can. But if they then elect to do neither then it's left to someone else to do, and in that scenario I believe there will be zero room to complain.

Now, this is not ideal, but the fact of the matter is that writing the shows took too much time. We had too few people doing too much of the work, and nobody else was willing to step up. Combined with how thankless of a task it is, it can't surprise anyone that we were feeling burned out already.

Basically it boiled down to a question of cut the matches or close the fed. We chose the former over the latter.

In my opinion, this is just another example of the huge over reliance this fed has on having the same couple of people do everything, with only a few people ever willing to step up to do anything more than the bare minimum. Articles, match writing, networking, working to recruit, organisation, ideas - it's largely still left to me first and foremost and then the management by proxy (because I try to share the load with them). We do have one or two people who help out in other areas and for that I am very grateful, but most folks are content to not bother.

Carl Tannehill wrote:

See the big red writing in your first post for a precise explanation of where your posts 'disappeared' to. This thread isn't about your opinion of me, Carty or anyone else. Keep to the topic and keep it civil, or your posts will continue to be deleted.
Back to top Go down
Sinister Minister

PostSubject: Re: Brutality 7 Feedback   Brutality 7 Feedback Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2016 7:02 pm

I've been completely honest with the fact that I think I would be a shit writer and I'm not talking against from anybody, but...

"Prior to this show, 66 matches had been written for our shows. Of those, I wrote 25, Jack wrote 13, Tommy did seven, Carty and Serena did five. "

Ak's been killing it and Jack not to far behind. Talking about being burnt out and they are so far ahead of any. I wish i think i could write matches.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brutality 7 Feedback   Brutality 7 Feedback Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2016 7:41 pm

"Prior to this show, 66 matches had been written for our shows. Of those, I wrote 25, Jack wrote 13, Tommy did seven, Carty and Serena did five. "

Uhh..... I think you forgot that Vossler wrote matches too.
Back to top Go down
Akragth
The Founding Father
Akragth

PostSubject: Re: Brutality 7 Feedback   Brutality 7 Feedback Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2016 8:16 pm

Serena wrote:
Uhh..... I think you forgot that Vossler wrote matches too.

No, he'd already left the match writing group before this, so he wouldn't be writing any anymore. That's why I didn't include him.

For full clarity, Grant also wrote matches, and Loh wrote one too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brutality 7 Feedback   Brutality 7 Feedback Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brutality 7 Feedback
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next