Brutal Force Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brutal Force Wrestling

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

869 reviews - Steel City

Go down 
+6
Loh
AdamWolfe
Grant Bennett
Eight69
Rey
ViaanDanshan
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Eight69
Zack's #1 stalker
Eight69

Wrestler Name(s) : Mikael w/ Supremacy | Benny Stevens

869 reviews - Steel City Empty
PostSubject: 869 reviews - Steel City   869 reviews - Steel City Icon_minitimeMon Feb 29, 2016 4:02 am

Here we go; Steel City’s review. I’ll start this out by reminding you folks that these are my OPINIONS. Therefore, it does not mean I am right or wrong. So, like I said it last time, I won’t say what roleplays are the best of the show. I’m talking about the whole show overall and the storyline progressions.

Since this is the PPV, I’ll actually break it down in 2 points of view. First and foremost, I’ll review the show OOC, pretty much the quality of matches, RPs and such. Then, I’ll review as if I was a hardcore BFW fan that has been watching the shows since day one, it ain’t really IC though. I will just say what I think about the match outcomes, storyline progressions, what hyped me up and what destroyed my mood.

So here we go.

--------------------------------------------

Ok, in my opinion, Steel City was the best BFW show quality wise, so far. For those who don’t know my tastes, I’m not a wrestling match fan. I know, weird, but I am the kind of guy that always chooses storylines/promos over a match. Of course, I appreciate a good wrestler in-ring, such as AJ Styles. Anyway, e-fed wise, it means depending on the match, I’ll most likely skim read it or just skip a few parts to move to the most important areas. Now, finally talking about the Steel City matches, I can confirm that each match is very good. Good job to all the match writers. There is tons of intensity overall, lots of holy shit moments and some great commentary (especially Jack’s ones, this dude’s puns are fucking hilarious).

Roleplaying wise, I maintain my position. Most of the roleplays are very good, we have decent roleplays here and there but overall the quality did not disappoint. I would name some people but I don’t feel like doing this whole ‘elite’ RPers thing. Bottom line is, I didn’t read a weak RP, so good job every one.

It was an excellent show overall. Sadly, I cannot rate it a 9 or so, I feel like it was a role coaster of emotions, if you know what I mean. I’ll explain such thing soon. Anyway, I’d give this show an 8.

--------------------------------------------------

Ok, now to the part that I look forward the most: storylines and match outcomes. Let us start from match one and go one by one.

-> Tommy Stone vs Viaan

Right… No. No no no. No! Bad show start in my opinion... I don’t care who you are, you don’t roleplay or don’t even try, that means you won’t beat anyone. Especially someone like Stone. Tommy is not only a veteran; he is definitely a future World Champion. He’s been keeping consistent since the first show, although he only missed the last show due to personal reasons.

I completely understand why Viaan beat Stone; however, I cannot agree with it at all. Yes, Viaan needed some momentum and that upset win would be cool for his character. But he did not roleplay. I didn’t really like to see Stone losing that match. That was a match that, in my opinion, shouldn’t even have happened to be honest. I don’t know, I feel like it was too random. One opponent didn’t roleplay while the other one could get a bigger challenge or whatever.

Main point here is… No roleplay = no show = LOSS. Now, I do hope to see how both will react. Tommy needs to make sure to show everyone that he is around to be the best, which I believe that he is perfectly capable of doing so. In the meanwhile, Viaan has to roleplay. I hope he does, and if so, let us hope he can carry on that momentum and futurely develop a good storyline.

Hell, maybe Stone vs Viaan? Vet vs “rookie”? Yup, I am aware that Viaan is not a newbie, but I feel like he is a rookie compared to Stone.

-> Supremacy vs Tokyo & Yoyo

Well, I won’t say anything about my match. Got to keep it neutral here, so all I am going to say is, Tokyo, thank you for the amazing feud so far. I am really enjoying it; and I sure do hope that so are the people following it. Oh, reminder for you people, do not underestimate Tokyo, not that I believe you would anyway, unless you are stupid Razz. Tokyo is perfectly capable to take the World Title… And so am I!!!!!!!!!!!

K soz, back to seriousness.

-> Loh & Malietoa vs House of Serena

I like the result. Classic feeling of good vs bad right there, and I felt good when Loh & Malietoa won. I mean, I wouldn’t say that Loh is full babyface, but he is surely playing the face part of this feud. I do admit that the feud kind of confuses me a little bit… Both are good roleplayers, but I feel like the feud had too many interruptions during its course. Hopefully, we’ll see straight combat now, no interruptions. Also, I think Serena is adding too many members lol. I’m going to be honest, that is what confuses me the most. I get to meet a new char and feel like ‘hmm lets see what this one does’ and then next show there is a new one and another one to replace the one that quit, etc etc. So it gets me like ‘whoa erm who is this one. What is this one supposed to do? What happened?’

For Loh, I believe that he is on the right path now. The victory gave him some momentum (something that he needed the most) and the best thing about it is that Serena didn’t lose momentum. It’s being a positive feud for both wrestlers. For Serena, I would like to see consistency when it comes to the House of Serena. No more new members or members quitting. It is time to show each member’s role in the team and make the whole team look dominative. The latter is already being shown in my opinion, despite losing to Loh & Mali.

So, it was a good climax of the feud. Got me looking forward to see what happens next. Good work Serena and Loh.

-> Jack vs Sybyl

Damn son… Dat was cray. Honestly, I felt slightly sad because Jack didn’t go HAM on Sybyl lol, and by go ham, I mean stab him. But hey, it makes sense, this is wrestling, not a gladiator arena. That match was really good; it portrays Jack’s and Sybyl’s personalities very well. See, that’s why I always want Jack to write my match, the dude takes the whole personality/gimmick to a new level and portrays it perfectly in the match.

The ending of the match was very intriguing. It got me feeling like ‘oh well, Sybyl wasn’t close enough to steal that briefcase and he ain’t even that fast, I suppose’. So there is a mystery here… Someone ‘stole’ that briefcase. Actually, as soon as I wrote this, I had a click, an idea of who that might be lol. And if I guessed it right, damn that’s cool.

Like I said it last time, this is the most interesting feud going at the moment. Good job to Sybyl and Jack for keeping it entertaining since New Year’s Massacre. Don’t even have to mention this but I’ll do it anyway… Looking forward to see what happens next. I really am.

-> Scarlett vs Valeria

I didn’t feel hyped for this match to be honest. It’s not because both suck, no way. I am glad Scarlett beat the shit out of that stupid fucker named Benny. But I think this was another random match… Very random. Scarlett needs a feud now, as soon as possible. She is a dominant female wrestler but the lack of a consistent feud or storyline is not allowing Scarlett’s handler to work properly. I know the handler, she is a creative person and I’m pretty sure she can pull of great roleplays, good enough to be a World Champion someday.

As for Valeria and the sisters, well, I feel like they need a direction. Right now, I see them as some kind of ‘fillers’ to the women division. Sorry if that offends the handler, it’s not what I intend. I just think they are being booked randomly and I don’t really see storyline progression as of now. The sisters’ idea is cool; I’d like to see it unfolding.

Good work both writers regardless of what I just said. Good RPs, like I expected them to be.

-> Aelyra & Tremont vs Bobby & Carl

After all the controversial stuff backstage, finally we get to see this tag title match. Was I expecting it to happen since the 1st Tag Championship match? Yes I was. Did the outcome of the PPV match disappoint me? Nope!

As of now, I think Bobby & Carl still need to develop some chemistry. I feel like Bobby is doing better than Carl, though, Carl isn’t disappointing me. Well, I know that handler’s potential and his strengths & weaknesses. Carl is on the right path to become a great face wrestler, or even a great heel one. That’s what the best thing about Carl’s gimmick; the handler had a creative idea, very creative. It’s quite versatile; I just look forward to the storyline progression.

Also, I’d suggest you to act more positively sometimes. Yeah, I know that the char has cancer, but as a face wrestler, he should act like it’s nothing in his way. Maybe to set an example to all people who have cancer out there? Yeah, that’s a good idea in my opinion. Carl can be a rolemodel to the public. Oh, and those collapses that Carl has been suffering, why doesn’t such thing happen in the ring???? Razz . Maybe that should be explained… Or not Wink .

As for Bobby, well I don’t really have to say it but I will do it. The handler knows how much of a fan boy I am when it comes to his work, I am actually ashamed of myself because sometimes it gets to the point that if the handler writes Bob or Jack making his way to the ring just to take a dump on it, I’ll be like ‘Haha lol homie wow Zack great RP gg love u lets get married xxxxxx give me green card xo 69’

Jokes aside, Bobby is one awesome motherfucker. Period. Bobby along with Carl is working really well, he is portraying the ‘coach’ role with excellence, like he always did, and it passes me the feeling that Carl is taking lessons and learning. Bob also has hilarious puns; the ‘lick my sack’ line regarding death had me cracking up and that should be like one of the BFW’s gold. Y’know, whenever we have banners that show a couple of wrestlers’ most interesting lines, Bob’s one should definitely be considered worthy of a banner.

Now, to Aelyra and Tremont. You guys have a decent chemistry but to be fairly honest Aelyra is the one that entertains me. Please, don’t get me wrong, but I’m not really ‘feeling’ Tremont. I’m trying to understand his objectives… Yes, former gambler from Vegas, but why would he join BFW and furthermore why would he tag with Aelyra? Because he thinks she is cute? Is that all? So, is the guy trying to score them points to get lucky? Sorry for my straight forwardness now.

See, in my opinion, I think y’all kind of ‘rushed’ the alliance. Aelyra and Tremont tagging is not bad, not at all. But what failed to get me buying the story is the fact that it happened so damn fast. Aelyra needed some storyline progression, while Tremont needed to explain why he joined BFW in first place.

Aelyra has potential to be another dominant female wrestler, just like Scarlett. In fact, I’d really like to see Aelyra vs Scarlett in the future. It would be cool to see both female wrestlers building up enough momentum to the point that they clash to decide who the most dominant female is. I like Aelyra’s style and I’m looking forward to see how she reacts now.

Damn that was huge, sozzzzzzz.

-> Adam Wolfe vs Rodriguez

Another random match… But this one was a good one. I appreciate that idea. The result? Disappointing. I would like to see Adam winning. Now, don’t get me wrong, Rodriguez, you are a good roleplayer, but I believe that not only Adam needed the win to confirm himself as a potential title contender (the whole Carnage storyline), I also believe that Adam has been more consistent since New Year’s Massacre. Adam’s roleplays have been on point; his char only gets better and more entertaining.

Rodriguez teaming with Helm is really grinding my gears, to be fairly honest. Rodriguez is one creative mofo; his Mayhem title spots prove so. I’d like to congratulate you for winning the title, it was well deserved. Your spots had me laughing hard. But I feel like your storyline is not progressing positively for yourself… You’re just Helm’s sidekick in his mission. Yet, I feel like you are carrying the team. Rodriguez, you need to have a singles run now, show your potential as a single man, not just the guy that helps his ‘boss’ to get something. You’re better than that, way better. Your gimmick is quite interesting, man.

As for Adam, go after that Carnage title, boy. I don’t have to say anything else, I’ve already done so. Keep doing what you’re doing now because you’re proving yourself a contender for the World title as well.

-> Vossler vs Helm

Ah… Biggest disappointment of the show. Vossler was making that title relevant. If I was a fan behind the barricades watching the show, I would riot and ask for refunds. Just like those WWE crybaby fans. Why? Helm did not deserve the title, simple as that. He did not work even the basic to win a title. For those who don’t know, I really like Helm lol. Helm and I go way back since them TWG (the shitty wrestling game) days. So I’m not picking on him or being biased, I’m just saying the truth.

Vossler has been waaaaaay more consistent than Helm since the 1st show. Storyline wise, I think it was kind of a rush to have Helm beating Vossler like that. After the entire struggle that Vossler had to beat Shane and confirm himself as a strong Champ. And he was about to confirm so, the PPV victory would give him the momentum that he needed. Sadly, he lost.

Vossler is now injuried; therefore, all momentum dead. Helm gets some momentum but I still cannot understand what the hell his character is on about. I think Helm has been ‘introducing’ his objectives for too damn long; it is time to put the plans to action and show why you’re in BFW. Hey hey, maybe the Carnage title shall help you to do so. This is kind of bad, because you can’t be the kind of guy that needs a title to do something good.

As for the ending… Well, slightly confusing lol. Loh going full heel and then Serena turning face for a moment, Adam hitting his former tag partner accidentally. A sad ending for a great alliance. You guys would easily be a pain in the ass to Bobby and Carl for the tag titles. It would be something interesting. But hey, lets see how you both do now.

-> Amis vs Cartwright vs Anthony

Oh well… Another sad ending. In my opinion, that was a bad ending storyline AND RPing wise. Why? First of all, let us start with this entire ‘overlooked’ gimmick. Erm, how can one be overlooked when one gets handed a free title shot even though one lost during the tournament days? You’re a World Title contender and that makes you overlooked? Nah, I guess you are the one overrating yourself.

Vossler vs Helm’s ending followed by this one would make me leave the arena pissed off. I would rant on internet about how the BFW booking team messed up (the irony lol) and threaten to cancel my Frix Television subscription. But then, like crybaby fans always do, I’d get back to watch the shows anyway.

Amis losing that title was a terrible decision, pardon me. He couldn’t even keep the title longer than a ‘season’. Hell, he couldn’t even defend the title. Who cares if he was the 1st champion ever? He couldn’t deliver the message when he lost it without a single defense. One hit wonder.

The entire feud was quite… Erm. Boring in my opinion. It was supposed to be Amis vs Cart, but then Anthony inserts himself in it after being handed a World title shot. A feud that was supposed to be 1v1v1 turned to 1 & 1 vs 1, if you know what I mean. Amis & Cart vs Ant. That feud was pretty much all about the ‘overlooked’ guy. Who is fighting Anthony next? Cart? Ok, next week it is Amis. Hmm how about next show? Amis or Cart? All about who was fighting Anthony, even though Amis was supposed to be the main guy.

Honestly, Anthony’s character is the most confusing one in my opinion. Now, if you want to take this to the heart and call me stupid in your RP even though this review is OOC JUST LIKE THE OTHER ONES, I say you’re wasting your time being an asshole lol. Look, don’t get me wrong, Anthony IS good. His PPV RP was pretty good, even though most of it didn’t have to do anything with the title match. Still, that was some great char progression and finally explained why Ant as a char is such an asshole. Yup, that is right, sorry to break it for you. Anthony Caffrey is the biggest asshole of BFW. And that’s what confuses me; his bio page says that he is face. Then, it also says that Anthony is supposed to be very confident. So, summarizing… A face wrestler that acts like an utter asshole, a very confident man who claims being overlooked? Erm, something is wrong there. That’s not being neutral or ‘genius’, that’s being confusing.

The idea of giving him the title so his char holds some weight actually shots him down. If one can’t progress his own char by oneself and needs a title to be good, then one isn’t World title material. The point is, you need a title to be relevant? Then you ain’t really that relevant lol.

And I won’t even mention how Cart has been getting his momentum destroyed since New Year’s Massacre. Did he deserve to lose that first title match? Yes. But now Cart has turned from a great vet in this business to the guy that couldn’t back up his talk. Just like Amis hehe, Amis couldn’t back his talk either.

What I look forward to see now is Ant being more consistent when it comes to his char. Pick a side, just like your RP said… Actually, nah, you don’t have to pick a side. Just play the right cards, I guess. You are NOT overlooked. You are the one who defeated the longest undefeated wrestler of BFW.

For Amis, I hope to see him claiming his rematch clause, if there is any. After all, Anthony didn’t even pin Amis Wink . Amis vs Anthony is what it’s best for business now, I suppose.

As for Cart, I hope to see Cart building up his momentum now. Beat that lil shit Rob Robson and destroy TBI, man. Them dudes have been on your ass for a while lol, they made up their beds, now it’s time to lie on ‘em.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So here it is. It’s a damn long review, damn. Well, obviously, I will NOT write reviews like that for every single show. Only the PPVs, it’s way better this way. I’ll just stick to the feedback section when it’s a regular show and do this big review after each PPV.

For those who get butthurt over my OPINION, I say nothing but this:

869 reviews - Steel City 29vzdzr

Eh, nah just playin’. If you got butthurt, it’s a shame. Hate on me if that will make your day better, but I hope you enjoyed the whole review overall. As you can see, I put some time on this because I really like BFW. Hell, I even donated money to make it better, gotta pay x4 more so it’s for realz.

Thanks for reading,
Ya boy, 869

X
Back to top Go down
ViaanDanshan

PostSubject: Re: 869 reviews - Steel City   869 reviews - Steel City Icon_minitimeMon Feb 29, 2016 4:20 am

I was off of here with real life stuff which kept me like super busy so I couldn't RP for the show. I log in this morning to read Steel City and find out that I won. Now this was totally unexpected because I was pretty sure that the fed rules said - No rp means loss. So, I totally back your opinion - I didn't deserve the win. I should've lost that... Steel City screwjob? Razz
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Eight69
Zack's #1 stalker
Eight69

Wrestler Name(s) : Mikael w/ Supremacy | Benny Stevens

PostSubject: Re: 869 reviews - Steel City   869 reviews - Steel City Icon_minitimeMon Feb 29, 2016 4:29 am

ViaanDanshan wrote:
I was off of here with real life stuff which kept me like super busy so I couldn't RP for the show. I log in this morning to read Steel City and find out that I won. Now this was totally unexpected because I was pretty sure that the fed rules said - No rp means loss. So, I totally back your opinion - I didn't deserve the win. I should've lost that... Steel City screwjob? Razz

But don't get me wrong, dude. I know you since the WoD! days lol. Take advantage of that momentum now!

869 reviews - Steel City CM-Punk-cm-punk-31238791-448-330
Back to top Go down
Grant Bennett
Cornrow Kenny
Grant Bennett

Wrestler Name(s) : Grant Ward Bennett

PostSubject: Re: 869 reviews - Steel City   869 reviews - Steel City Icon_minitimeMon Feb 29, 2016 4:29 am

Eight69 wrote:
I don’t care who you are, you don’t roleplay or don’t even try, that means you won’t beat anyone.

869 reviews - Steel City 1964972971

Shmill.
Back to top Go down
Carl Tannehill
Top Cock
Carl Tannehill

PostSubject: Re: 869 reviews - Steel City   869 reviews - Steel City Icon_minitimeMon Feb 29, 2016 4:33 am

7/10, needs more Helm bashing
Back to top Go down
AdamWolfe
Resident Puppet Master
AdamWolfe

PostSubject: Re: 869 reviews - Steel City   869 reviews - Steel City Icon_minitimeMon Feb 29, 2016 4:40 am

Thanks for the praise man. But I think Rodriguez deserved the win. Dude's been rping great and if he lost it wouldn't make sense if he left with the Mayhem belt
Back to top Go down
Loh

Loh

Wrestler Name(s) : Loh Elenas | Scott Truman

PostSubject: Re: 869 reviews - Steel City   869 reviews - Steel City Icon_minitimeMon Feb 29, 2016 4:54 am

Thanks for the review, I chose to Babyface because there was literally 1:3 ratio on the roster for Babyface to Heel during the first season. As for Loh, he's getting more personality and gimmick slowly added to him over the next 6 months. As for Malietoa, he was initially a short idea and will sadly be sidelined for now until I fit him in somewhere. From what I understand Magustine and Drauga are also getting the same treatment.

Future Plans for Loh in the Spoiler below.
Spoiler:

Cheers
Back to top Go down
Akragth
The Founding Father
Akragth

Wrestler Name(s) : Akragth

PostSubject: Re: 869 reviews - Steel City   869 reviews - Steel City Icon_minitimeMon Feb 29, 2016 8:26 am

You make a lot of fair and valid points. I'll take those on board.

I feel a lot of the issues come down to people not progressing their storylines - or not even finding themselves a storyline - as well as people not suggesting their own matches, though. So then, yes, I have to put in filler/random matches, or else the card would be 3-4 matches long.

Some handlers here spend a lot of time telling their plans to me, but do very little else to make anything happen.

There were mistakes in the PPV. Viaan winning was one I'll admit was the wrong choice. But I seem to often be in a position of, no matter what I do, someone gets offended/pissed/whatever. It seems like there's always a lot more criticism - and this isn't aimed just at this thread - than there ever is support.

Worse yet, some people like to instigate that anything I've done was in any fashion personal, or that I did anything to ruin anyone's character. Firstly, there's virtually no situation where a loss destroys a character. Take the loss, grow with it, use it to fuel the character. Secondly...why would I do that? It's an illogical line of thought.

We've had one show of not using RP scores to pick winners, and it's already doing my head in.

Last edited by Akragth on Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Carl Tannehill
Top Cock
Carl Tannehill

PostSubject: Re: 869 reviews - Steel City   869 reviews - Steel City Icon_minitimeMon Feb 29, 2016 8:44 am

Akragth wrote:

Worse yet, some people like to instigate that anything I've done was in any fashion personal, or that I did anything to ruin anyone's character. Firstly, there's virtually no situation where a loss destroys a character. Take the loss, grow with it, use it to fuel the character. Secondly...why would I do that? It's an illogical line of thought.

We've had show of not using RP scores to pick winners, and it's already doing my head in.

One of the reasons I voted for rp fed...Easier to deal with.
Back to top Go down
Akragth
The Founding Father
Akragth

PostSubject: Re: 869 reviews - Steel City   869 reviews - Steel City Icon_minitimeMon Feb 29, 2016 8:45 am

Carl Tannehill wrote:
One of the reasons I voted for rp fed...Easier to deal with.

I thought that angle was the better way to go, but it's really starting to feel like RP would have been so much less bothersome.
Back to top Go down
Carl Tannehill
Top Cock
Carl Tannehill

PostSubject: Re: 869 reviews - Steel City   869 reviews - Steel City Icon_minitimeMon Feb 29, 2016 8:47 am

Akragth wrote:

I thought that angle was the better way to go, but it's really starting to feel like RP would have been so much less bothersome.

new poll?!:O
Back to top Go down
Akragth
The Founding Father
Akragth

PostSubject: Re: 869 reviews - Steel City   869 reviews - Steel City Icon_minitimeMon Feb 29, 2016 9:11 am

No. No poll. I'll think on it, but it'd just be a straight switch.
Back to top Go down
Carl Tannehill
Top Cock
Carl Tannehill

PostSubject: Re: 869 reviews - Steel City   869 reviews - Steel City Icon_minitimeMon Feb 29, 2016 9:14 am

Akragth wrote:
No. No poll. I'll think on it, but it'd just be a straight switch.

If it's draining you out, you should just switch
Back to top Go down
Tommy Diamond

Tommy Diamond

Wrestler Name(s) : Sybyl

PostSubject: Re: 869 reviews - Steel City   869 reviews - Steel City Icon_minitimeMon Feb 29, 2016 10:52 am

Akragth wrote:

I still think that angle was the better choice, but at this point, you should really go with what's better for you.

Another great review, i find it hard to disagree with what you said. I better sit down with Jack now and find some ways to keep things interesting!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 869 reviews - Steel City   869 reviews - Steel City Icon_minitimeMon Feb 29, 2016 5:41 pm

Quote :
Also, I think Serena is adding too many members lol. I’m going to be honest, that is what confuses me the most. I get to meet a new char and feel like ‘hmm lets see what this one does’ and then next show there is a new one and another one to replace the one that quit, etc etc. So it gets me like ‘whoa erm who is this one. What is this one supposed to do? What happened?’

Now this is the kind of review I'm looking for. (THANK YOU!  Very Happy ) Yeah, Magustine and Drauga aren't developed well and just like what Loh said they'll be sidelined. As for the new character, Ravenous is not going to join Serena......yet. As for Madeline, she just a maid/valet for Serena. Afterwards, no more characters to be add. Razz
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 869 reviews - Steel City   869 reviews - Steel City Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

869 reviews - Steel City
Page 1 of 1