Brutal Force Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brutal Force Wrestling

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Two Reviews From Outside Parties

Go down 
+4
Eight69
Loh
Tommy Stone
Akragth
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Akragth
The Founding Father
Akragth

Wrestler Name(s) : Akragth

Two Reviews From Outside Parties Empty
PostSubject: Two Reviews From Outside Parties   Two Reviews From Outside Parties Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2016 5:12 pm

Today our humble little community was reviewed not once, but twice, by two sources external to ourselves.

The first was a written review by David Tyrell. In my view, this one has some flaws in what it says, but the message is generally positive. One thing I disliked was the whole "They were happy to accept, felt honored, and said they’d take every criticism constructively" because the only thing I said to him beforehand was "What are you looking to review?".

The second was a mention in a podcastby the Sleek Geeks (their mention of us starts at about the 38:00 mark).

Up until these reviews, I had never spoken to either of the groups involved, so it was a nice surprise to see us recognised in what is a larger pool of talent than we're used to be being among.

Thoughts on these reviews?
Back to top Go down
Tommy Stone
Anime Was A Mistake
Tommy Stone

PostSubject: Re: Two Reviews From Outside Parties   Two Reviews From Outside Parties Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2016 6:01 pm

Vote to change the fed to the Bobby Franchise show!
Back to top Go down
Loh

Loh

Wrestler Name(s) : Loh Elenas | Scott Truman

PostSubject: Re: Two Reviews From Outside Parties   Two Reviews From Outside Parties Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2016 10:30 pm

They say it needs more colour. Put a giant pic of Bobby Franchise on the background and we'll not only have colour, but crit on future reviews...
Back to top Go down
Eight69
Zack's #1 stalker
Eight69

Wrestler Name(s) : Mikael w/ Supremacy | Benny Stevens

PostSubject: Re: Two Reviews From Outside Parties   Two Reviews From Outside Parties Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2016 12:22 am

BFW.

Bobby Franchise Wrestling. It all makes sense now!!!!!!

Well, the podcast one was better imo. It seems like Overdrive is really appealing to the outsiders in general.
Back to top Go down
Anthony Caffrey
Phuck You
Anthony Caffrey

Wrestler Name(s) : Anthony Caffrey

PostSubject: Re: Two Reviews From Outside Parties   Two Reviews From Outside Parties Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2016 3:50 am

I concur with the more color bits. The forum is very black, white, and grey - a little color certainly wouldn't hurt, I don't think.

I disagree on the little people parts.
Back to top Go down
Jack Colter
Peacemaker
Jack Colter

PostSubject: Re: Two Reviews From Outside Parties   Two Reviews From Outside Parties Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2016 5:18 am

Bobby Franchise Wrestling is what's best for business.
Back to top Go down
Aelyra

Aelyra

Wrestler Name(s) : Aelyra Blight

PostSubject: Re: Two Reviews From Outside Parties   Two Reviews From Outside Parties Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2016 10:02 am

Maybe just a faded background with different shades of blues and maybe whites/greys/black across a simple pattern like sporadic diagonal lines to split the colours to add a bit more 'zing' to our website.

I also saw a comment about 'rainbow dialogue'. Is it possible to keep all rps a consistent colour of the order in which dialogue is spoken? E.g. for every rp the first speaker uses blue throughout the rp, second speaker uses green, third speaker uses orange etc. etc. but keep NPCs their same colour.

Otherwise, it's great to hear that we're being recognised by external sources with quite a number of positive points about BFW!
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Anthony Caffrey
Phuck You
Anthony Caffrey

Wrestler Name(s) : Anthony Caffrey

PostSubject: Re: Two Reviews From Outside Parties   Two Reviews From Outside Parties Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2016 5:48 pm

Yogi wrote:
Maybe just a faded background with different shades of blues and maybe whites/greys/black across a simple pattern like sporadic diagonal lines to split the colours to add a bit more 'zing' to our website.

I also saw a comment about 'rainbow dialogue'. Is it possible to keep all rps a consistent colour of the order in which dialogue is spoken? E.g. for every rp the first speaker uses blue throughout the rp, second speaker uses green, third speaker uses orange etc. etc. but keep NPCs their same colour.

Your suggestion actually sounds pretty cool. I would like it also applied to the forum, if at all possible, or maybe even just the forum.

I very much like the rainbow dialogue, though, and disagree about making it uniform rules. Some people are very particular about their color once they settle on it, and I'm one of them. (I'm using Carolina Panthers' blue, because Cam Newton and Caffrey) Uniform promo colors sounds like one of those things that's inititally a good idea to implement, but will be very boring by the third or fourth show that has had it.
Back to top Go down
Aelyra

Aelyra

Wrestler Name(s) : Aelyra Blight

PostSubject: Re: Two Reviews From Outside Parties   Two Reviews From Outside Parties Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2016 9:31 pm

Anthony Caffrey wrote:
I very much like the rainbow dialogue, though, and disagree about making it uniform rules. Some people are very particular about their color once they settle on it, and I'm one of them. (I'm using Carolina Panthers' blue, because Cam Newton and Caffrey) Uniform promo colors sounds like one of those things that's inititally a good idea to implement, but will be very boring by the third or fourth show that has had it.

Ak doesn't like my idea anyway so it won't happen Sad Haha. Actually, I don't have any problems with the 'rainbow' dialogue but I know we are trying to appeal to others. I don't know that anyone else has said anything about it though so maybe everyone else likes it too!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Two Reviews From Outside Parties   Two Reviews From Outside Parties Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Two Reviews From Outside Parties
Page 1 of 1