Brutal Force Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brutal Force Wrestling

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

City of Lights

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Jack Colter
Peacemaker
Jack Colter

City of Lights Empty
PostSubject: City of Lights   City of Lights Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2016 3:35 pm

Las Vegas.

The entertainment capital of the world.

Jack Colter is less than entertained as Charlie Abernathy drones on about... well, who fucking knows at this point? Jack spaced out long ago but he is quickly snapped out of his daydream when Charlie runs them straight into a pothole.

Jack Colter: "Keep the wheels on 'er, Chains. We still have to make it back to the airport."

Charlie: "Relax. I bought the insurance."

Jack lifts his hands from the dash and holds his palms into the air, as if surrendering.

Jack Colter: "By all means then, drive us into a church."

Charlie: "Ain't no churches in Vegas, Jack. You've been away for too long."

Jack peers out into the sky as they get further and further from the city.

Jack Colter: "Oh, there are. You just never found them."

Charlie hits another pothole, causing an irritable Jack to wince.

Charlie: "You don't have to make that face every time."

Jack Colter: "Don't worry, Charlie."

Jack taps the folder that's gripped tightly in his hands.

Jack Colter: "These documents will go a long way in getting my license back."

Frank Galloway: 'Just don't mention the blackouts at the DMV.'

Jack gazes out the window, dead eyed.

Frank Galloway: 'Or the schizophrenia.'

The car screeches to a halt outside of a dumpy-looking condominium on the outskirts of town. Jack steps out of the car, into the dusty parking lot and stretches his legs. The parking lot itself is nearly vacant, aside from a few beaters parked on the other side of a lot and for some strange reason, a lone shopping cart slowly blowing across the lot in the wind.

Jack cracks his neck and turns to stretch his back from the long ride before he catches a glimpse of three bullet holes in the siding of the building.

Frank Galloway: 'Now this is the Vegas I remember.'

Jack Colter: "Seems about right."

Colter turns back around to see Charlie still sitting in the car.

Jack Colter: "You coming with, Chains?"

Staring at the bullet holes, Charlie gulps and shakes his head.

Charlie: "I think I'm double parked."

Colter squints at Charlie and then watches the shopping cart traverse the lot.

Jack Colter: "Looks like he found another spot. You're golden."

Charlie inches the window up a bit, his own way of declining Jack's invitation. Jack walks around the front of the vehicle and approaches the door.

Charlie: "Don't be long. We can't miss our flight. You've got a match versus Kveldulv, you know."

Jack Colter: "Oh, I wouldn't pass up an opportunity to slap around that big Norwegian bastard for the world. That ugly freak will ultimately rue the day that he 'spared' Jack Colter. But one task at a time, Charlie."

Jack taps on the hood of the vehicle as he walks toward the neglected condominium. He approaches the front door and prepares to press the buzzer, only to find the button hanging by the wires from the wall. Jack lifts it and presses the button to no effect.

Jack Colter: "Oh, come on!"

Jack rattles the gate in frustration, only to find it unlatched. He looks at it curiously before slowly pulling it open and checking the door handle, which is also unlocked.

Jack Colter: "A little too easy..."

Frank Galloway: 'That's just your paranoia kicking in.'

Jack pauses at the door.

Frank Galloway: 'Trust me. I understand the irony of that statement.'

Colter steps through the door, before pausing.

Jack Colter: "Hello?"

The door beside him slams shut and a muffled cry can be heard. "¡Policía! ¡Policía!"

Jack walks down the hallway cautiously, noticing every door closed. As he edges closer to the end of the hallway, a teenage boy pops from behind a potted plant that he'd been hunkered down behind, and makes a run for the door. Jack's instincts are quick and he grabs the boy by the arm before he can run away. The boy shouts "¡Policía! ¡Policía!" as Jack tries to calm him down.

Jack Colter: "No! Shh! Not police. Not police!"

Once it becomes abundantly clear to the boy that he cannot escape Jack's grasp, he settles down a bit.

Jack pulls a card from his pocket with his free hand and holds it up for the boy to see.

Jack Colter: "I'm looking for a man named Stan Clark. You know him? Stan Clark."

Colter holds the card in the boy's face for him to see and the boy nods his head.

Boy: "Sí. Quince. Quince."

Jack Colter: "Quince. Thanks kid."

Jack releases the boy's arm and the boy flees out the back door, while Jack looks around the hallway and narrows his eyes on room 15. He'd passed it on the way so he turns back and then knocks on the battered and blistered door. The response is quick but not friendly, as the door budges two inches but stays chained shut.

Man: "Who the fuck are you?"

Jack Colter: "Stan Clark?"

Jack holds up the folder with the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department logo on it, which Sybyl left for him last week.

Jack Colter: "I have some questions for you."

Stan: "Christ, more IA."

The man sighs and unhooks the chain from the door frame.

Stan: "Tell me you aren't gonna ask the same fucking questions as the last two guys."

Jack Colter: "I guess that makes you, Stan."

Stan looks at Jack curiously.

Stan: "You aren't IA."

Jack Colter: "Perceptive."

Jack smiles wryly.

Jack Colter: "Can't imagine why you never made detective."

The man makes a quick movement for the door, but Jack kicks it shut and shakes his head. He slowly wags his finger.

Jack Colter: "We haven't completed the Q&A portion of our show yet, Stan."

Colter grabs Stan by the collar of the shirt and pushes him onto the couch.

Stan: "Alright! Alright! What do you want to know."

Jack slams the folder down on the coffee table and opens it to the blood-alcohol test.

Jack Colter: "Know anything about this?"

Stan scours the document with his beady eyes.

Stan: "Who the fuck is Jack Colter?"

Jack Colter: "Me, you fucking ponce!"

Jack slaps Stan across the back of the head.

Frank Galloway: 'Now, now, Jack. That's no way to gain a fan.'

Stan clutches the back of his head in pain.

Stan: "What's it supposed to mean to me?"

Jack Colter: "Look closer."

Jack pushes Stan's head closer to the document. Stan studies it for a moment before offering an uncomfortable answer.

Stan: "Signed off on but never stamped."

Jack allows Stan to raise his head.

Stan: "This was never filed."

Jack crouches down by Stan and squeezes his cheeks.

Jack Colter: "Good boy. We may make a detective of you yet."

Colter releases Stan's face and gives him an encouraging pat on the cheek. Jack grabs the file and slips it under his arm as he stands upright.

Stan: "But I had nothing to do with this."

Jack Colter: "That's what all the suspended cops under investigation for corruption say."

A derisive smile crosses Jack's face.

Jack Colter: "I'm looking for a favor, Stan. Can you do me a favor?"

Stan: "If I can."

Jack Colter: "I just want my life back. Can you give me my life back, Stan? CAN YOU?"

Jack walks over to the bookshelf and begins to toss books around the room. Stan cringes.

Stan: "Again?! Why do you keep doing this?!"

As he's about to toss one more book to the floor, Jack stops suddenly and cocks his head to look at Stan.

Jack Colter: "Again? What do you mean again?"

Stan: "The place got broken into last week."

Stan points to the damage at the door from the B&E.

Stan: "They took evidence that could put some scumbags away for a very long time."

Jack shakes his head.

Jack Colter: "Can't imagine why you're under investigation with coincidences like that."

Colter takes a step away from the bookshelf and places the book on the kitchen table. It is there that something catches his eye. A BFW New Year's Massacre DVD. Jack picks it up and holds it up for Stan to see.

Jack Colter: "What's this?"

Stan: "I don't know, man. I'm not even a wrestling fan. Got it in the mail last week. Return address said it was from a Frank Gale... what was it again?"

Jack Colter: "Galloway? Frank Galloway?"

Stan: "Galloway! That was it! How did you know?"

Jack squints and looks at the DVD case. He opens it and squints at the DVD inside, and then walks toward the door.

Jack Colter: "That will be all, Stan."

Colter opens the door and briskly returns to the rental car that hasn't moved an inch since Charlie pulled in. Jack hops into the back seat.

Charlie: "Look, I know your license is suspended but do I really have to act like your chauffeur?"

Jack Colter: "Shut up and put this in the DVD player."

Jack hands Charlie the DVD.

Charlie: "Party favor?"

Charlie turns the disk in his hand before placing it in the player.
Back to top Go down
Tommy Diamond

Tommy Diamond

Wrestler Name(s) : Sybyl

City of Lights Empty
PostSubject: Re: City of Lights   City of Lights Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2016 4:01 am

Charlie reluctantly, puts the DVD into the player.

Charlie: "Are you sure about this Jack?"

Jack Colter doesn't even answer, but the look on his face is worth a thousand words. As soon as the manager pushes the play button, the usual copyright disclaimer appears, before slowly fading away to the disc menu. A heavy rock music accompanies quick pictures of the protagonists of BFW first PPV, while the menu bars appears on the screen.

Charlie: "Now what?"

Jack Colter: "I don't know, try something..."

Snorting, Charlie moves from the "Watch The Event" bar to the one named "Select A Match"

As soon as he confirms, a high pitched whistle is heard, as the screen turns to statics. A few seconds later, Sybyl's face appears on the screen. Colter doesn't seem surprised at all. As a matter of fact, a complaisant smile appears on his face. We can't tell the same for his manager anyway, who's staring at the screen shocked, his mouth open wide.

Sybyl: "Hello Jack, my dear friend.
If you are watching this, then most likely you couldn't find what you traveled so much for.
But don't worry, you know me... I always have an ace up my sleeve.
You may have thought that I was a cheater, a lunatic, a paranoid, or way more unpleasant things..
But right now, you are surely happy that I don't trust anybody."

Jack cracks a smile.

Sybyl: "I hope you are convinced now that there are forces trying to prevent you to reach the truth...
Why is that, Jack?
Who hates you so much that he or she enjoys you being overwhelmed by the guilt of the accidental death of Frank?
Why you?
All these questions have one simple answer, Jack... And you're so closed to it that you can almost touch it."

On the screen we see Sybyl moving his eys to the left, slightly leaning forward and, judging by the fast paced clackings, typing something on a keyboard.

Sybyl: "What I'm showing next, is my plan B...
A smsll gift for you, something I planned in case, as it eventually happened, the evidence you were looking for you vanished.
I hope you enjoy."

After one last tickling, the footage abruptly cuts to a new clip, showing a young fine dressed man pointing an handycam to his own face. The hallway behind his back, with all the stretchers and nurses walking back and forth is clearly recognizable as a hospital.

Jimmy: "My name is Jimmy Dawson, I am a freelance reporter, graduated in sport journalism. I am recording from the UMC in Las Vegas, Nevada where an anonimous source told me there's someone with informations about the story that's keeping the wrestling fans in suspense. I am obviously talking about the Jack Colter/Sybyl affair, a story that, as officialy confirmed by the Brutal Force Wrestling Head Of Public Relation, Rebecca Jennings is NOT a storyline.
The mysterious source, arguably Sybyl himself, told me that one Elizabeth Green, employed in the ER here as a nurse, was there the night Jack Colter crashed his car. Accorsing to him, these revelations, alongside other evidences in his possession, could be enough for a clamorous turn of events: the reopening of the Frank Galloway's death case."

He turns the camera away from his face, panning all around the hospital as he's approaching the acceptance desk, behind which an attractive middle age woman is working on a computer. Before he could eventually reach her, a huge man wearing a security suit steps in front of him, placing his massive hand on the camera lens.

Security: "No cameras allowed in this area, cant't you read the sign?"

He indicates some point to his left where this sign is supposed to be. The camera anyway can't confirm it since the big man is still holding it, preventing any movement as well as the recording.

Jimmy: "I... I am sorry... I..."

???: "It's ok Mark, he's here for me."

Mark finally releases his grasp over the handycam, so that Jimmy can turn it to the direction that female voice was coming from, framing on a nurse in her thirties, with curly blonde hair and a smile that could melt ice. She extends her hand towards the journalist, introducing herself.

???: "Elizabeth Green. Our mutual mysterious friends said you have a couple of questions for me, but we should move elsewhere, before Mark here gets nervous."

Elizabeth smiles once again, indicating the security guard with her head. As the camera moves on him, we can see him standing with his arms crossed upon his chest, and a look on his face that would convince everyone not to mess with him.

Elizabeth starts walking, followed by Jimmy, into a nearby room, a relax area for the UMC employers.

Elizabeth: "So you are a journalist right? Why ae you interested in Jack Colter's case, and who do you work for?"

Jimmy: "I'm a freelancer ma'am, freshly graduated. As for my interest in this story, let's say I had a solid tip from a source that things are not as they seem in this story, and you might help throwing some light on it. Is that correct?"

The nurse nods.

Elizabeth: "Something never seemed quite right to me in that story. When Jack entered the hospital, he was shocked and couldn't remember much of the accident. But he had presence of mind, he remembered his personal details as well as where he was. A temporary amnesia, possibly caused by the shock, but nothing more. No surprises the drug test was negative..."

Jimmy: "Hold on a second. What you mean with negative?"

Elizabeth: "I mean what I said, Jack Colter wasn't driving under the influence that night. I remember it clearly, especially because of what happened next..."

Jimmy: "But then, how could a positive test end up in the police records?"

Elizabeth: "There was this police officer who joined immediatly after Jack was brought to us.
He insisted a lot to have a blood sample to run an indipendent test on it, by a forensic at his district. When the doctor told him he couldn't allow such a thing, and that in any case, it would have been pointless because there wasn't the slightest trace of alcohool or substances in Colter's blood, the cop took doctor Simpson outside the room for a couple of minutes.
When he came back in, he ordered me to get another blood sample, and deliver it to the police.
Obviously I asked for explanation, the protocol is very strict on this, and there were no reasonsto do such a thing. He limited himself to repeat his orders, muttering something about steroids that our test won't reveal."

She pauses, taking a sip of water from a platic bottle.

Elizabeth: "I was working there for just two weeks at the time so I didn't argue, even though a part of me was pretty sure the whole situation was bullshit."

Jimmy: "You do realize, miss Green, that what you just said can imply a police officer tainting a blood test to condamn Jack colter, for reasons I don't quite get? Why you never told this before? A man's life got ruined that night, and you were the only one who could have proved his innocence!"

Elizabeth looks annoyed by this statement.

Elizabeth: "You think I never tried? Every time I told this story to someone, whether it was police, journalists or a medical commission, I always hit a wall. I guess this is the reason why our mysterious friend sent you this way..."

Jimmy: "It makes sense.
But then again, why should someone frame an innocent man like this?"

Elizabeth tidy her hair.

Elizabeth: "I couldn't tell.
But one think I learnt by living in this city, is that dirty cops are nothing new in Vegas, but they surely don't come cheap.
And in this case, the officer had some sort of leverage on doctor Simpson...
So my guess is that, whoever set Colter up, is someone powerful, with a lot of money, and a lot to lose from a situation like this."

Jimmy nods, agreeing with the nurse's point of view.

Jimmy: "Indeed. Thanks for your time miss Green".

The clip fades to black, as the camera focus on Jack and Charlie astonished looks. Sybyl appears once again on the screen.

Sybyl: "I believe you'll find this very interesting Jack.
Now people can't ignore the truth, even though we're still only scratching the surface here.
No one should ever call you a murderer never again Jack.
Not even you."

With the same high pitched noise as before, the video abruptly stops.
Back to top Go down
Jack Colter
Peacemaker
Jack Colter

City of Lights Empty
PostSubject: Re: City of Lights   City of Lights Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2016 11:22 pm

Las Vegas.

The entertainment capital of the world.

Jack Colter is less than entertained as Charlie Abernathy drones on about... well, who fucking knows at this point? Jack spaced out long ago but he is quickly snapped out of his daydream when Charlie runs them straight into a pothole.

Jack Colter: "Keep the wheels on 'er, Chains. We still have to make it back to the airport."

Charlie: "Relax. I bought the insurance."

Jack lifts his hands from the dash and holds his palms into the air, as if surrendering.

Jack Colter: "By all means then, drive us into a church."

Charlie: "Ain't no churches in Vegas, Jack. You've been away for too long."

Jack peers out into the sky as they get further and further from the city.

Jack Colter: "Oh, there are. You just never found them."

Charlie hits another pothole, causing an irritable Jack to wince.

Charlie: "You don't have to make that face every time."

Jack Colter: "Don't worry, Charlie."

Jack taps the folder that's gripped tightly in his hands.

Jack Colter: "These documents will go a long way in getting my license back."

Frank Galloway: 'Just don't mention the blackouts at the DMV.'

Jack gazes out the window, dead eyed.

Frank Galloway: 'Or the schizophrenia.'

The car screeches to a halt outside of a dumpy-looking condominium on the outskirts of town. Jack steps out of the car, into the dusty parking lot and stretches his legs. The parking lot itself is nearly vacant, aside from a few beaters parked on the other side of a lot and for some strange reason, a lone shopping cart slowly blowing across the lot in the wind.

Jack cracks his neck and turns to stretch his back from the long ride before he catches a glimpse of three bullet holes in the siding of the building.

Frank Galloway: 'Now this is the Vegas I remember.'

Jack Colter: "Seems about right."

Colter turns back around to see Charlie still sitting in the car.

Jack Colter: "You coming with, Chains?"

Staring at the bullet holes, Charlie gulps and shakes his head.

Charlie: "I think I'm double parked."

Colter squints at Charlie and then watches the shopping cart traverse the lot.

Jack Colter: "Looks like he found another spot. You're golden."

Charlie inches the window up a bit, his own way of declining Jack's invitation. Jack walks around the front of the vehicle and approaches the door.

Charlie: "Don't be long. We can't miss our flight. You've got a match versus Kveldulv, you know."

Jack Colter: "Oh, I wouldn't pass up an opportunity to slap around that big Norwegian bastard for the world. That ugly freak will ultimately rue the day that he 'spared' Jack Colter. But one task at a time, Charlie."

Jack taps on the hood of the vehicle as he walks toward the neglected condominium. He approaches the front door and prepares to press the buzzer, only to find the button hanging by the wires from the wall. Jack lifts it and presses the button to no effect.

Jack Colter: "Oh, come on!"

Jack rattles the gate in frustration, only to find it unlatched. He looks at it curiously before slowly pulling it open and checking the door handle, which is also unlocked.

Jack Colter: "A little too easy..."

Frank Galloway: 'That's just your paranoia kicking in.'

Jack pauses at the door.

Frank Galloway: 'Trust me. I understand the irony of that statement.'

Colter steps through the door, before pausing.

Jack Colter: "Hello?"

The door beside him slams shut and a muffled cry can be heard. "¡Policía! ¡Policía!"

Jack walks down the hallway cautiously, noticing every door closed. As he edges closer to the end of the hallway, a teenage boy pops from behind a potted plant that he'd been hunkered down behind, and makes a run for the door. Jack's instincts are quick and he grabs the boy by the arm before he can run away. The boy shouts "¡Policía! ¡Policía!" as Jack tries to calm him down.

Jack Colter: "No! Shh! Not police. Not police!"

Once it becomes abundantly clear to the boy that he cannot escape Jack's grasp, he settles down a bit.

Jack pulls a card from his pocket with his free hand and holds it up for the boy to see.

Jack Colter: "I'm looking for a man named Stan Clark. You know him? Stan Clark."

Colter holds the card in the boy's face for him to see and the boy nods his head.

Boy: "Sí. Quince. Quince."

Jack Colter: "Quince. Thanks kid."

Jack releases the boy's arm and the boy flees out the back door, while Jack looks around the hallway and narrows his eyes on room 15. He'd passed it on the way so he turns back and then knocks on the battered and blistered door. The response is quick but not friendly, as the door budges two inches but stays chained shut.

Man: "Who the fuck are you?"

Jack Colter: "Stan Clark?"

Jack holds up the folder with the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department logo on it, which Sybyl left for him last week.

Jack Colter: "I have some questions for you."

Stan: "Christ, more IA."

The man sighs and unhooks the chain from the door frame.

Stan: "Tell me you aren't gonna ask the same fucking questions as the last two guys."

Jack Colter: "I guess that makes you, Stan."

Stan looks at Jack curiously.

Stan: "You aren't IA."

Jack Colter: "Perceptive."

Jack smiles wryly.

Jack Colter: "Can't imagine why you never made detective."

The man makes a quick movement for the door, but Jack kicks it shut and shakes his head. He slowly wags his finger.

Jack Colter: "We haven't completed the Q&A portion of our show yet, Stan."

Colter grabs Stan by the collar of the shirt and pushes him onto the couch.

Stan: "Alright! Alright! What do you want to know."

Jack slams the folder down on the coffee table and opens it to the blood-alcohol test.

Jack Colter: "Know anything about this?"

Stan scours the document with his beady eyes.

Stan: "Who the fuck is Jack Colter?"

Jack Colter: "Me, you fucking ponce!"

Jack slaps Stan across the back of the head.

Frank Galloway: 'Now, now, Jack. That's no way to gain a fan.'

Stan clutches the back of his head in pain.

Stan: "What's it supposed to mean to me?"

Jack Colter: "Look closer."

Jack pushes Stan's head closer to the document. Stan studies it for a moment before offering an uncomfortable answer.

Stan: "Signed off on but never stamped."

Jack allows Stan to raise his head.

Stan: "This was never filed."

Jack crouches down by Stan and squeezes his cheeks.

Jack Colter: "Good boy. We may make a detective of you yet."

Colter releases Stan's face and gives him an encouraging pat on the cheek. Jack grabs the file and slips it under his arm as he stands upright.

Stan: "But I had nothing to do with this."

Jack Colter: "That's what all the suspended cops under investigation for corruption say."

A derisive smile crosses Jack's face.

Jack Colter: "I'm looking for a favor, Stan. Can you do me a favor?"

Stan: "If I can."

Jack Colter: "I just want my life back. Can you give me my life back, Stan? CAN YOU?"

Jack walks over to the bookshelf and begins to toss books around the room. Stan cringes.

Stan: "Again?! Why do you keep doing this?!"

As he's about to toss one more book to the floor, Jack stops suddenly and cocks his head to look at Stan.

Jack Colter: "Again? What do you mean again?"

Stan: "The place got broken into last week."

Stan points to the damage at the door from the B&E.

Stan: "They took evidence that could put some scumbags away for a very long time."

Jack shakes his head.

Jack Colter: "Can't imagine why you're under investigation with coincidences like that."

Colter takes a step away from the bookshelf and places the book on the kitchen table. It is there that something catches his eye. A BFW New Year's Massacre DVD. Jack picks it up and holds it up for Stan to see.

Jack Colter: "What's this?"

Stan: "I don't know, man. I'm not even a wrestling fan. Got it in the mail last week. Return address said it was from a Frank Gale... what was it again?"

Jack Colter: "Galloway? Frank Galloway?"

Stan: "Galloway! That was it! How did you know?"

Jack squints and looks at the DVD case. He opens it and squints at the DVD inside, and then walks toward the door.

Jack Colter: "That will be all, Stan."

Colter opens the door and briskly returns to the rental car that hasn't moved an inch since Charlie pulled in. Jack hops into the back seat.

Charlie: "Look, I know your license is suspended but do I really have to act like your chauffeur?"

Jack Colter: "Shut up and put this in the DVD player."

Jack hands Charlie the DVD.

Charlie: "Party favor?"

Charlie turns the disk in his hand before placing it in the player.
Charlie reluctantly, puts the DVD into the player.

Charlie: "Are you sure about this Jack?"

Jack Colter doesn't even answer, but the look on his face is worth a thousand words. As soon as the manager pushes the play button, the usual copyright disclaimer appears, before slowly fading away to the disc menu. A heavy rock music accompanies quick pictures of the protagonists of BFW first PPV, while the menu bars appears on the screen.

Charlie: "Now what?"

Jack Colter: "I don't know, try something..."

Snorting, Charlie moves from the "Watch The Event" bar to the one named "Select A Match"

As soon as he confirms, a high pitched whistle is heard, as the screen turns to statics. A few seconds later, Sybyl's face appears on the screen. Colter doesn't seem surprised at all. As a matter of fact, a complaisant smile appears on his face. We can't tell the same for his manager anyway, who's staring at the screen shocked, his mouth open wide.

Sybyl: "Hello Jack, my dear friend.
If you are watching this, then most likely you couldn't find what you traveled so much for.
But don't worry, you know me... I always have an ace up my sleeve.
You may have thought that I was a cheater, a lunatic, a paranoid, or way more unpleasant things..
But right now, you are surely happy that I don't trust anybody."

Jack cracks a smile.

Sybyl: "I hope you are convinced now that there are forces trying to prevent you to reach the truth...
Why is that, Jack?
Who hates you so much that he or she enjoys you being overwhelmed by the guilt of the accidental death of Frank?
Why you?
All these questions have one simple answer, Jack... And you're so closed to it that you can almost touch it."

On the screen we see Sybyl moving his eys to the left, slightly leaning forward and, judging by the fast paced clackings, typing something on a keyboard.

Sybyl: "What I'm showing next, is my plan B...
A smsll gift for you, something I planned in case, as it eventually happened, the evidence you were looking for you vanished.
I hope you enjoy."

After one last tickling, the footage abruptly cuts to a new clip, showing a young fine dressed man pointing an handycam to his own face. The hallway behind his back, with all the stretchers and nurses walking back and forth is clearly recognizable as a hospital.

Jimmy: "My name is Jimmy Dawson, I am a freelance reporter, graduated in sport journalism. I am recording from the UMC in Las Vegas, Nevada where an anonimous source told me there's someone with informations about the story that's keeping the wrestling fans in suspense. I am obviously talking about the Jack Colter/Sybyl affair, a story that, as officialy confirmed by the Brutal Force Wrestling Head Of Public Relation, Rebecca Jennings is NOT a storyline.
The mysterious source, arguably Sybyl himself, told me that one Elizabeth Green, employed in the ER here as a nurse, was there the night Jack Colter crashed his car. Accorsing to him, these revelations, alongside other evidences in his possession, could be enough for a clamorous turn of events: the reopening of the Frank Galloway's death case."

He turns the camera away from his face, panning all around the hospital as he's approaching the acceptance desk, behind which an attractive middle age woman is working on a computer. Before he could eventually reach her, a huge man wearing a security suit steps in front of him, placing his massive hand on the camera lens.

Security: "No cameras allowed in this area, cant't you read the sign?"

He indicates some point to his left where this sign is supposed to be. The camera anyway can't confirm it since the big man is still holding it, preventing any movement as well as the recording.

Jimmy: "I... I am sorry... I..."

???: "It's ok Mark, he's here for me."

Mark finally releases his grasp over the handycam, so that Jimmy can turn it to the direction that female voice was coming from, framing on a nurse in her thirties, with curly blonde hair and a smile that could melt ice. She extends her hand towards the journalist, introducing herself.

???: "Elizabeth Green. Our mutual mysterious friends said you have a couple of questions for me, but we should move elsewhere, before Mark here gets nervous."

Elizabeth smiles once again, indicating the security guard with her head. As the camera moves on him, we can see him standing with his arms crossed upon his chest, and a look on his face that would convince everyone not to mess with him.

Elizabeth starts walking, followed by Jimmy, into a nearby room, a relax area for the UMC employers.

Elizabeth: "So you are a journalist right? Why ae you interested in Jack Colter's case, and who do you work for?"

Jimmy: "I'm a freelancer ma'am, freshly graduated. As for my interest in this story, let's say I had a solid tip from a source that things are not as they seem in this story, and you might help throwing some light on it. Is that correct?"

The nurse nods.

Elizabeth: "Something never seemed quite right to me in that story. When Jack entered the hospital, he was shocked and couldn't remember much of the accident. But he had presence of mind, he remembered his personal details as well as where he was. A temporary amnesia, possibly caused by the shock, but nothing more. No surprises the drug test was negative..."

Jimmy: "Hold on a second. What you mean with negative?"

Elizabeth: "I mean what I said, Jack Colter wasn't driving under the influence that night. I remember it clearly, especially because of what happened next..."

Jimmy: "But then, how could a positive test end up in the police records?"

Elizabeth: "There was this police officer who joined immediatly after Jack was brought to us.
He insisted a lot to have a blood sample to run an indipendent test on it, by a forensic at his district. When the doctor told him he couldn't allow such a thing, and that in any case, it would have been pointless because there wasn't the slightest trace of alcohool or substances in Colter's blood, the cop took doctor Simpson outside the room for a couple of minutes.
When he came back in, he ordered me to get another blood sample, and deliver it to the police.
Obviously I asked for explanation, the protocol is very strict on this, and there were no reasonsto do such a thing. He limited himself to repeat his orders, muttering something about steroids that our test won't reveal."

She pauses, taking a sip of water from a platic bottle.

Elizabeth: "I was working there for just two weeks at the time so I didn't argue, even though a part of me was pretty sure the whole situation was bullshit."

Jimmy: "You do realize, miss Green, that what you just said can imply a police officer tainting a blood test to condamn Jack colter, for reasons I don't quite get? Why you never told this before? A man's life got ruined that night, and you were the only one who could have proved his innocence!"

Elizabeth looks annoyed by this statement.

Elizabeth: "You think I never tried? Every time I told this story to someone, whether it was police, journalists or a medical commission, I always hit a wall. I guess this is the reason why our mysterious friend sent you this way..."

Jimmy: "It makes sense.
But then again, why should someone frame an innocent man like this?"

Elizabeth tidy her hair.

Elizabeth: "I couldn't tell.
But one think I learnt by living in this city, is that dirty cops are nothing new in Vegas, but they surely don't come cheap.
And in this case, the officer had some sort of leverage on doctor Simpson...
So my guess is that, whoever set Colter up, is someone powerful, with a lot of money, and a lot to lose from a situation like this."

Jimmy nods, agreeing with the nurse's point of view.

Jimmy: "Indeed. Thanks for your time miss Green".

The clip fades to black, as the camera focus on Jack and Charlie astonished looks. Sybyl appears once again on the screen.

Sybyl: "I believe you'll find this very interesting Jack.
Now people can't ignore the truth, even though we're still only scratching the surface here.
No one should ever call you a murderer never again Jack.
Not even you."

With the same high pitched noise as before, the video abruptly stops.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

City of Lights Empty
PostSubject: Re: City of Lights   City of Lights Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

City of Lights
Page 1 of 1