Brutal Force Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brutal Force Wrestling

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Interlude (The CD part posted for Boardwalk's Ladies Night)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jackson

Jackson

Wrestler Name(s) : Summer (Kasey)

Interlude (The CD part posted for Boardwalk's Ladies Night) Empty
PostSubject: Interlude (The CD part posted for Boardwalk's Ladies Night)   Interlude (The CD part posted for Boardwalk's Ladies Night) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2016 4:45 am

Boston || Saturday, June 11, 2016 (OFF CAMERA)

Kasey sat in the corner of the ring, her back against the turnbuckles – the padding was garbage – watching Lex Collins as he crossed the threshold like a blast from the past. She remembered the last time she'd seen him in a place like this. She'd been exhausted and sweaty, prickly-as-could-be because he'd caught her in the act of pushing herself to the brink of exhaustion and beyond. Four years ago, she'd been convinced that she was the only one who put this much time into preparation. Spending a year rehabbing, forcing herself through the pain to regain her mobility, to conquer physiotherapy had shifted her view in that regard. Now she knew the grittier side. She'd seen other athletes running the same gauntlet – real athletes, not the kind of glorified stuntmen (and women) crowding every promotion these days.

"Kase." Lex's voice came out low, bringing a smile to her lips that was completely borne of nostalgia. Despite the fact that she'd asked him to come, she still felt shocked beyond belief to see him standing here in the flesh. He looked the same, maybe a little thinner than he'd been four years ago, the beard on his face that had seemed patchy on first glance actually going silver in a few places – she wondered if that was from all the fights he'd been in or if the business was just aging all of them prematurely?

"Hey, Lex." She didn't bother to hide the raccoon streaks of makeup under her eyes as she lifted her head to look at him. "We've got this place to ourselves. For a little while, at least. I paid extra for some privacy."

Collins snorted at the word, shaking his head. "That somethin' we need?"

She didn't answer, finally pushing up to her feet. "Where's Claire? Does she know you're here?"

"She's meetin' with Aidan. Maybe Amber too... not really sure," he shook his head, "only an hour's flight to come here... not a big deal. Prob'ly be back 'fore she is, even if I waste time puttin' you through-"

"-isn't this a conflict of interest?" She blurted it out, cutting him off, the thought having just occurred to her.

"If it was, you think I'da come?" He chuckled, "so... you still tryna perfect that backflip?" He paused long enough for that to sink into her head, nodding when she blushed and looked away. "Yeah, I got a long memory, Kase."

"If you were just gonna give me shit," her voice came out small, "why'd you even bother to come?"

"Why'd you ask me to?" He countered her question with one of his own, taking a running start before bounding up on the apron, springing over the rope. He landed easily and kept talking, "you coulda called Larry – shit, the guy's all but beggin' on social media the last week for someone to throw him a fuckin' bone an' you called me instead. You needed to talk to someone from the past, you coulda called Jax. Coulda called Bill or–"

"I called you because–"

"–because you're facing Claire. Right?"

She felt the heat rise in her cheeks as she looked away, knowing Lex would be able to see right through her regardless. "Maybe," she hedged, scuffing the toe of her training shoe against the worn canvas, "but not like that. I'm not gonna try and pick your brain. I just thought maybe you'd understand why this... why I..." she stumbled over the words, blushing redder. "You know what? Forget it. This was stupid. Listen, I've got a job with Brutal Force now so it's not like I'm broke or desperate or anything. I'll pay you back for the travel expenses, okay? Just," she turned her back, almost stumbling as her knee buckled but the ropes were there for her to grab.

"Kasey!" He reached out to steady her, instinct kicking in but he recoiled at the vehemence in her voice, his hands dropping awkwardly back to his sides.

"Don't touch me. I'm fine." She didn't turn to look at him, her voice coming out flat, "my foot's asleep from how I was sitting. That's all. I moved too fast and I'm fine. I don't need any help," she paused for a second, letting out a bitter laugh, "because Shyla Clemmens and Claudia Thorn are perfectly capable of carrying my worthless ass through a match against the three most talented women to ever set foot in Boardwalk."

"Hey, c'mon, that's not–"

"Not true?" She finally turns, propping her elbows on the rope, eyeballing Lex warily. "Yeah, I think it kinda is. I've had one actual professional match since I've been back." She held up a finger to forestall any interruptions from him. "Nope. Not counting anything from FLW. Sorry but that wasn't even close to this level and we both know it. It would be monumentally stupid of me to try and put myself on their level, Lex."

"You wanna know why I came?" Collins folded his arms across his chest, watching her the same way. "Not 'cause I'm a good person – a fuckin' nice guy or whatever. Not 'cause I wanted to see what sorta threat you're gonna be to my Claire. 'Cause you asked me to, Kase. That's it. That's what friends do. You want me here to run a few drills?" She shook her head, looking far more exhausted than she had when he'd arrived, "alright. You wanna talk? Like old times?"

"I..." she nodded, "yeah. Think that's what I need most right now."
Back to top Go down

Interlude (The CD part posted for Boardwalk's Ladies Night)
Page 1 of 1