Brutal Force Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brutal Force Wrestling

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Confronting the Past

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Storms

Storms

Wrestler Name(s) : Hunter Storms

Confronting the Past Empty
PostSubject: Confronting the Past   Confronting the Past Icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2016 1:01 pm

The sound of a door swinging open radiates inside of a living room,followed by a cheerful bark from a dog that bounds towards the noise. Excited,the dog runs around in tight circles as Hunter Storms walks in with multiple brown paper bags.

Hunter: “Hey Bolt,just give me a few minutes to put everything away and then we'll go for a jog.

The white German shepherd follows his owner into his small kitchen,excitedly panting and wildly waving his tail around that it actually slaps against his Storms' leg a few times as he sets the bags down on the marble counter. He starts shuffling through the bags,pulling out certain goods such as snacks,meat,and of course dog food,to which Bolt barks at the sight of. The shepherd anxiously walks back and forth between the living and the kitchen,occasionally whimpering as he wants to go out for their walk,but Storms wards him off,unfinished with his organization of the fridge and freezer. After about five more minutes,the fridge door is shut and Bolt excitedly looks back up at Hunter.

Hunter: “Alright,let's go buddy.”

He bends down to the dog,giving him a few scratches behind the ear,to which Bolt responds with a lick to the chin. With leash in hand,he securely fastens it to the dog's collar before walking back out the door with Bolt in tow. The duo walk by multiple,beautifully painted houses,whose exterior colors seem to compliment the environment surrounding them. A gentle breeze blows through,which Storms takes a second to breathe in,before resuming his steps. After about walking around for what seems six blocks,the pair arrive at wide,yet somewhat short building that only raises about five or six stories high. Storms can only stare at the top floor before lowering his head and exhaling deeply.

Hunter: “Come on Bolt,best we get this over with today rather than delay it like we did last year...”

A whimper comes from the dog as he senses mixed emotions radiating from his closest companion,but he obliges with the forward movement as they walk towards the set of glass double doors. A rather well dressed man stands ready at the door and opens one of the two doors for Hunter to walk through.

Hunter: “Thanks Cyrus.”

Cyrus: “Of course. Your father's currently in a conference call right now,so I would recommend checking in with the receptionist first before making your way up so he knows you're here. Ah,Bolt! How are you my friend?”

Bending down to a knee,Cyrus glides his hand across Bolt's back a few times before returning to his position and nodding back to Hunter,who returns the nod and approaches the receptionist's desk. The young woman,dressed in a simple white blouse and black skirt,quietly hums to herself as she writes on one of the provided notepads at the desk. A light knock on barrier that surrounds it is enough to garner her attention.

Hunter: “Hey Alexa,it's been awhile.”

Alexa: “Oh my gosh! Hunter! It's been so long since I've last seen you!”

She hurriedly gets up from her desk and briskly makes her way around the barrier before pulling Hunter into a short embrace.

Alexa: “What have you been up to these days? How's the wrestling going?”

Hunter: “It's been alright,recently landed a spot with a company that has set up in Boston,but unfortunately the arena used for its shows was burned down and now it's been traveling around in the New England area the past three shows.”

Alexa: “Oh,well that's good. At least you're still working shows across the country.”

Hunter: “At one point,I did kinda feel like as if I was being a free lancer,but I've managed to find some permanent roster spots somewhere.”

Alexa: “Well I certainly hope you're able to do well just like your father when he was around your age. That's all he talks about in his spare time if he has nothing else to share. Just talks and talks about his titles and accomplishments.”

A slight chuckle escapes Hunter's lips,which causes Alexa to slightly blush at the reaction.

Alexa: “Since you're here,I'll let your father know that you're here. Feel free to head on up.”

Hunter: “Thanks Lex.”

Hunter turns on as heels as Alex rings up his dad. Tapping his foot against the floor,he patiently waits for the elevator as Bolt sits next time,not once having lost his happy panting. The elevator dings as it arrives and the pair step inside. Without even looking at the numbers,Hunter presses the one that takes him to the top floor. Leaning against the wall as the elevator rides up,he constantly flips through his phone,checking Twitter,wrestling news,etc. As the lift dings again,the pair briskly walk out and go through tight office spaces until reaching one of the far corners of the top floor where a nameplate outside a shining black door reads,”Soul Shadow. CEO of Soul Connections.”

Hunter: “Deep breathes......and go.”

A light push on the door fully opens to its widest extent. Inside,Soul has himself facing away from the door and appears to be talking to himself. Keeping calm,Hunter walks in and sits himself at desk,waiting for his father's attention. As the chair swivels around,a bluetooth is seen on Soul's ear as he keeps chattering.

Soul: “So how much longer until that client decides to leave? If he doesn't there's a new extension offer to keep him here at the office full time and rid of his intern status. Miles,I need to know within the next week,we can keep putting this guy on hold. He is now a main priority in deciding whether or not I have to release another intern. Look,just email the details on the latest offer and I'll see what I can come up with okay? I gotta run now.”

A sigh of relief escapes his lips as the call ends. Hunter can only stare as his dad reclines in his seat for a few moments,before coming back to a full sit. He rubs his eyes before looking directly across the desk at Hunter.

Soul: “About damn time you showed up”

Hunter: “Nice way to say hello to your son like that.”

He waves off the remark

Soul: “I know why you're here.”

Hunter: “Do you now?”

Soul: “We talk about this every year.......well except last year.....that was um.....”

The older man scratches the back of his head as Hunter crosses his arms. A loud yawn comes from Bolt as he lays himself down on the floor of the office.

Hunter: “I know the reason why,but it's your own fault for telling me so late. It'd be about if mom was still around on her birthday and you forgot all about it just because of work.”

Soul: “You know damn well son that I wouldn't forget that,but it isn't my fault that bad luck came her way. I don't have some magical potion that can just grant someone immunity. We aren't The Tucks where we can just drink from some spring that gives us everlasting life! Life isn't always fair Hunter. It wasn't fair for me when I was wrestling in the country,being unable to spend time with you and her and it wasn't easy for the both of you because you barely saw me half the bloody time.

Hunter changes his posture in the chair as he leans forward towards the desk.

Hunter: “You may be right on that note,but that still doesn't give you the right to ignore the anniversary of her death. Every year,go to the cemetery,lay down flowers,moment of silence,leave. One of the simplest damn things to do in this world and you couldn't spare ten minutes of your life just do it!”

Soul: “So what?!”

Both are taken back by the words just shouted as a whimper comes from Bolt on the floor. Hunter's face nearly goes cherry red with anger as his father can only look on. He steadily gets up from the chair as his father's eyes follow his slow movements before Hunter angrily turns his back to him

Hunter: “We're done here....”

He walks towards the door as Bolt hurriedly follows after him.

Soul: “Hunter,wait.....”

The door loudly slams shut,making Soul flinch at the noise of it.

Soul: “God damn it......”

He reaches under his desk,pulling out a bottle of whiskey and a glass,before pouring some of the liquid content in.

Soul: “One of these days we'll be able to work it out. Looks like it's going to be another rough day today.”

He chugs the contents of the glass as the camera fades to black.
Back to top Go down

Confronting the Past
Page 1 of 1