Brutal Force Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brutal Force Wrestling

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Chapter Four: Moving

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jackson

Jackson

Wrestler Name(s) : Summer (Kasey)

Chapter Four: Moving Empty
PostSubject: Chapter Four: Moving   Chapter Four: Moving Icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2016 12:44 pm

..::~||-chapter four-||~::..

Boston || Monday, June 6, 2016

Kasey checked her reflection in the mirrored walls of the elevator, critically turning her head to better inspect the puffiness under her eyes. The light was less-than-flattering and she sighed, wishing she'd been able to shut her mind off. She'd been hoping to be invited back the night before and the disappointment and anxiety she'd felt since then was unshakable. He'd seemed almost distracted, like he was a million miles away the night before - she hadn't pressed it. Maybe he just needed space. Maybe she was smothering him by always being underfoot. Before that train could completely run away on its track and tank her mood, the elevator stopped, the doors opening with a muted ding. Fluffing her hair with her hands, she blew out the breath she'd been holding and made her way to the door, figuring it was better to find out now than leave it hanging.

A knock at the door woke Akragth from his slumber with a start. He stumbled to his feet, knocking over an empty beer bottle and dropping last night's pizza box onto the floor. Cursing under his breath, he quickly scooped the items up. There was a second knock at the door.

"Just a minute," he said out loud, before muttering, "you impatient little…"

Dropping both items into the recycling, Ak moved to his door and unbolted the thick latch. The door opened to reveal Kasey Summers standing on his apartment's doorstep. Akragth turned back to look at the clock. 8:30am - she was on time, just as he had expected. It was he who was late. Shit.

"Oh, hey," he said. "Sorry, I...might have slept in there."

"You look like you…" she bit her lip, cutting herself off before she accidentally insulted him. That need to tread carefully was still there, that unease making her seem almost skittish for a second before she felt that familiar pull. All rumpled and sleepy-eyed, he was so handsome she just wanted to glomp him right there in the doorway. What would the neighbors think? Taking a step closer, she rested her hand on his chest for a second, an almost-guilty flush creeping over her cheeks as she glanced down the hall. "Morning, sleepyhead."

"Morning you." He wrapped his arms around her and couldn't help but smile. He let go of the hug and stepped backward. "Come in, come in. Did you eat breakfast yet?"

"Had a protein bar," she nodded, "and coffee. Of course. I was up super early and… my stomach wasn't really cooperating. You know sometimes when you don't sleep well and you just wake up feeling all blech?" Walking in past him, she spun around just as he closed the door. "It's kinda been one of those days."

"Yea, I know what you mean, but a proper breakfast is important!" Ak moved over to his kitchen. "Is something wrong?" he asked as he flicked his kettle on. He pulled a mug from his cupboard and placed it on the side. "And do you want tea? Or coffee? Or a cold drink, maybe?"

Kasey followed him, shaking her head. "No, it's… I'm okay. Honest. I mean, nothing's wrong outside of being kinda bummed out that FLW was so short-lived. I was like moving on and stuff anyways, but… I dunno. If it wasn't for there and like for my return to wrestling and stuff we woulda never met. And it's just…" she shrugged helplessly, "do you have any bottled water?"

He nodded and opened the fridge. "Yea...but that's not your fault, is it?" He closed the door and held out a bottle toward her. "I mean, you weren't running the place. Plus, it kinda sounds like things were messy anyway. Plus you'd already left."

"I know." She took the bottle, fiddling with the cap, "it's just… not everyone there was as lucky. I guess I sorta… I feel bad. I know that's dumb, I do. Just being sentimental, I guess. It's nothing. I guess I'm just maybe a little sad to leave Vegas behind even though there's not really anything there for me."

"I felt the same when I left the UK…" He opened another cupboard and took out a tea bag, dropping it into the mug. "But it's what had to be done. Had to get away, spread my wings, be my own man. And now that's happening for you. Well, your own woman, but you get the idea." He awkwardly smiled. "Now you've got a fresh start to look forward to. And you're not alone, either."

"Not alone is the best part," Kasey nodded, "and it's not like the first time I left Wild Ones, you know? Like when I went on the road to shadow Lex and see how the business was. It's not this whole wide-eyed wonder thing because I've been around the block now. Twice, actually. It's just… besides you, I don't know anyone in BFW and I guess that's what feels weird. When I went into FFW… I knew the Kincaids. Cody and his brother Christian. Funny too, since that really was a place someone could spew conspiracy bullshit. Cody was COO or whatever, one of the guys in charge and he was like one of my best friends for years… and yeah, I meant to say was. Past tense and all. Funny how that goes, isn't it?"

Ak nodded slowly. "Yea...but that's life, isn't it?" He shrugged, but then smiled. "But you'll make friends in BFW, you know? Friends and allies, even if they're the strange sort. And Boston isn't a bad place, either. Let's maybe get you acquainted with some of my friends to start with? I mean, especially if you're moving here…"

"OH! See? That would be wonderful! I mean that guy I met at the gym that one time seemed nice… and… well moving here makes sense rather than hauling my cookies from Vegas to this coast every time I have to wrestle, you know?" Just that mention of help seemed to already have her perking up considerably.

"Yea, it's too far to keep travelling. Especially with nothing to keep you Vegas way." The kettle clicked off and Ak poured the boiling water into the mug. "I guess the question now is whether you've thought about where you'll stay?"

"Probably a hotel, I guess. Until I find a place. That's what I usually do. I mean, it's not so weird to live out of a suitcase when you're kinda used to it, you know?" Kasey sat down with a soft sigh, watching him go through the motions of making tea.  

Ak paused and inhaled deeply. "Well, about that…" He discarded the teabag and stirred the milk around the mug. "I've been thinking. I mean, you and me, us, it's going well...right?"

"Going...well?" Kasey swallowed hard, looking down at her bottle of water, fidgeting with it, "I think maybe that's downplaying a bit? I mean, it's been completely…….." she looked up, trying to catch his eye. "I haven't felt this alive, this happy in years. Most of the reason I want to just move here is because of you, because..."

He awkwardly averted his gaze down toward the mug. "Well, you know what I mean...I'm not always good with…" He sighed and ran his fingers through his scraggly morning hair. "Look, point is, I'd really like it if you were closer by, if we could spend time together much more easily." He finally looked back up toward her - dead in the eye. "Basically, I think it makes no sense for you to be paying for a hotel and us still being apart. Especially if you're going to spend your nights here anyway..."

"Oh." It was a soft little exhalation and then her eyes widened as what he was saying finally dawned on her. "OH!" HOLYSHITHOLYSHITOHMYGOD! She blinked, almost expecting him to correct her misconception before the words came tumbling from her mouth. "You mean… you… you want me to… wow. Really, Ak? Really?"

"I…" He nodded. Ak pointed past her, toward the table beside his front door. "Look in there, top drawer. I got you something. In the box, you can't miss it."

The prospect of a present had her bouncing to her feet, making a mad dash towards the table. Obviously he knew her well enough to know exactly how she'd react and a moment later she held the little box up triumphantly. "HUZZAH!"

"It's nothing too fancy, you know." With a smile Ak nodded toward her. Her excitement was palpable, but a sense of nervousness overtook Ak nonetheless. "Are you going to open it?"

"Oh! Duh, suppose I should." She moved back toward where he was in the kitchen, still beaming that bright smile. "Did you know in Japanese culture it's hella rude to open a gift in front of someone?" She was teasing even as she opened the little box, finding a key resting inside. "Is this what I think it is?" She picked up the key, closing her first around it and the metal felt so cold against her palm.

"I did not. And, let me tell you; it's not the key to my car." He smirked, but the nerves still stabbed at him. He had he been too soon in suggesting? It felt right to him, though. And having her around more was definitely a bonus. Plus, why should she spend money on a room if she was hardly going to be there anyway? "I kinda hope you've figured out where I was going. I mean, I know that it's a bit...I guess, sudden? But it makes sense to me. And it's just to help you out and stuff. But it's up to you, of course."

"It's…" Kasey opened her hand, staring at the key for a few seconds before flinging herself into his arms, trusting that he'd catch her even though he was still holding that mug of tea. She hugged him tight, resting her cheek against his chest, "it's not too soon or sudden or whatever you think it might be. It's…" she looked up at him, grinning even though her eyes were bright with tears behind her glasses. "It's perfect!"

Ak placed his hand on Kasey's head. "Sounds like a done deal then." He stroked her red hair. He placed his chin against her forehead for a moment and the faintly fruity aroma of her hair filled both nostrils. "I'm glad that you're OK with it and, yea...I'm just, you know, happy." He pulled his head back and looked back down to her. "This is gonna be awesome! We should celebrate or something. Once you've moved your stuff in, I mean. I cleared out some space for you already, too."

So that's why he had things to do after the show last night, you dope. The relief she felt was overwhelming and she couldn't really put that emotion into words. "I don't really have a lot of stuff. Just clothes...mostly. And a laptop. And a whole bunch of books but those are all in storage in Phoenix. But…" she sighed, looking up at him, "you know I have a cat. Is that gonna be okay? I mean, I can find somewhere for him if you don't wanna deal with that. I totally understand if you…"

Ak waved his hands as if to say 'stop'. "I know you do. I know you do, and that's...I mean, I used to have pets too. You saw that my mum had a cat, and we used to have a dog and...yea. So that's fine, he can come here." Would she really have given her beloved pet up for him, though? "No need to separate you two." He shot a quick smile to her.

She looked relieved as she nodded gratefully, "thank you. Seriously. This is… probably the biggest thing anyone has ever done for me."

"I'm sure that's not true. And it's as much for me as it is for you, anyway." He held her closely and gave a small squeeze. "This is so awesome."

"It really is." Her voice came out small, just a faint whisper as she hugged him tight, that key still clutched in her hand. "You're amazing and… it's like… every day is this awesome, amazing just utterly incredible new beginning. Like it just keeps getting better. And it's like totally blowing my mind and my heart is so full I feel like I could explode but it's so wonderful I wouldn't trade any of it for the world." The words came out in a rush, still soft, somewhat breathless as her cheeks flushed almost as red as her hair. "I know I sound like such a Pollyanna doof, saying all sunshine and rainbows but it's honestly… you're like the only thing that's made sense at all in the last year. So that's kinda…" she paused, biting her lip, looking up at him, "I'm gonna keep you."

Ak found himself chuckling at her, even if she was being sweet and sincere. "You're going to keep me?" He feigned thinking by 'hmmming'. "Yea, I'm going to have to check my calendar to make fully sure, but I think that should be OK! But only on one condition; I get to keep you too?"

Kasey giggled, nodding. "Deal!"
Back to top Go down

Chapter Four: Moving
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brutal Force Wrestling :: Brutality :: Character Development RPs :: Kasey-
Jump to: